Good dealers for service in DC

tommy37

Veteran Member
I didn't buy at Congressional. They service my 99.5 Jetta and seem to do an adequate job. But it took them six or seven months to replace my Goodyears under warranty.

When I have the timing belt replaced later this year, I will probably go to Martens. They have a good reputation on this page.

iprofess

I'm moving this weekend to the DC metro area (N. Potomac MD to be exact) and would be very grateful for any recommendations on dealers.

The dealer I currently use here in Michigan, is terrible for sales but had been good for service. If you've heard good/bad anything about dealers in DC, I'd sure love to hear it!

Many thanks!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have heard good things about Martens in DC.
I had Tischer in Laurel replace my timing belt when it blew. that one was free but I have heard they are expensive.Avoid Congresioanl in Rockville they only service what they sell.

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!
Martens is good, but it's hard to get an appointment on short notice. Last time I tried, they wanted me to come in 10 days later to make an emergency repair on a broken (and open) window regulator.

Congressional is even worse, and they don't have a good mechanic.

College Park will see you the very next day, but studying TDIs is a theory course for these guys. When I had a window repaired there, it requires a second trip to make them put the door panel back on properly.

For non-dealer repairs, there's a good hole in the wall place in college park south of the campus. There's another place in Wheaton, but when I had my oil changes there, the guy didn't put on the engine cover properly (not a good sign), but he had impressive VW wall plaques.

In all, I've been very unimpressed with local VW service...

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
iprofess, with your location - definately try Martens. they overfilled my oil twice - so check it before you leave. and forgot to give me the lugnut key back.

But, both are minor complaints. The fixed two bad grounds for me - and those can be tricky.

I continue to use em.