Golf Mk6 2.0 TDI Bluemotion Boost Issues

Cyberdyne88

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDI Bluemotion 2011
Hey

Would anyone be able to give me some advice or opinions on the boost and performance of my car?

I bought my Mk6 2.0 TDI Bluemotion about a year ago and it's been great, but unfortunately the seller didn't tell me that the turbo was shot, so I had to have it replaced. It was replaced around last July, and it fixed the issue I was having with the car (excessive smoke), but occasionally I was getting an underboost error (P0299).

I tried replacing the N75 and no luck, but suspected the actuator may have been adjusted wrong. Also, I suspect the car has been remapped as I can see the ECU has been flashed with VCDS and my calculations show the car to be in the range of 170HP (140 stock).

Anyway, I decided to adjust the actuator and I haven't yet seen the error come back, but I'm hopeful its fixed, but I'm curious about what an acceptable boost pressure is and whether the car is still underperforming at all. It has become very noticeably faster since the adjustment, but I've yet to see the boost in my VCDS logs exceed about 17.4 PSI. I've been calculating boost by doing Charge Air Pressure - Ambient Air Pressure, as these are the options VCDS lets me log and I'm fairly certain this works out right, but if I'm doing it wrong, it would be great if someone could let me know as I'm very inexperienced at this.

I've read varying things on the web about what boost pressure a 140 can safely handle and people seem to say all sorts of numbers ranging from 18, 20, to 22+ (some even stating 25-26 or even 30+ but I'm guessing this is too much). I believe my engine code is CFFB so whether that means it has a difference max boost compared to other engine codes I don't know?

Does anyone think I have more room to increase the boost with the actuator or maybe I've gone too far? I'm reluctant to remove boost as it's been really enjoyably since increasing it. The other thing is I used the advanced measuring blocks in VCDS to take a look at the voltages in regards to what I believe is the sensor for the actuator position and it reads over 0.9V when idling. I've read on various websites that is should be around 0.76V, so this suggests I've possibly increased boost too far, but my boost figures don't look particularly high.

I plotted a boost graph when accelerating in 3rd gear, and the actual vs requested boost seems to be very close, except for the very peak where my requested boost sits at about 19.2 PSI, where my car maxes out at about 17.4 PSI. The two figures also drift apart when I took my foot off the accelerator and let the car decelerate.

I'm also thinking the remap could be affecting the requested boost?

Do I have room to add more boost? Have I gone too far? I'd really appreciate any thoughts.

Also - I ran a test for the charge pressure actuator in VCDS and it displays the messages "system not OK".

As of right now, the car is feeling fantastic, fast and pulls really well, but I'm not sure if my adjustments are off.

Thank You!