Golf mk4/Passat b5.5 CCM (body comfort) module wiring on bench and connecting to VCDS or VDS PRO

dusan93m

TDI
Golf mk4 TDi PD100
Hi.
I'm tryin to wire my CCM (body comfort) module outside a car, on a bench, to access it through vcds or vds pro but i soo far didn't have luck doing that. Connecting plus to pin 22, minus to pin 23 and k line to pin 11 gives mi nothing, VCDS can't access controller, same with vds pro. Is anything more needed wiring, what is my mistake?
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Can you even do that? The VCDS reads the CCM from the ECU, not sure how to simulate that.

dusan93m

TDI
Golf mk4 TDi PD100
I didn't know that. Instrument cluster can be wired outside a car and accessed through vcds and vds pro, I'm assuming it is also possible to do that with body comfort module (CCM). If anyone can give more info I'll be pleased.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
The way I understand it is you have to go through the gateway controller, which is the cluster. You can bench run the cluster, but haven't tried bench running the CCM. Reference your wiring schematic.
Why are you trying to bench connect a CCM?

dusan93m

TDI
Golf mk4 TDi PD100
I don't have laptop with rs232 port, only desktop. I need to change some values in ccm, soo thought I could connect it on bench, it would be easier. I have another cluster, not from my car, which I wired on bench alongside ccm, plus, minus, k line, can H and can L but again same result.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
You'd need a cluster connected up to a (simulated) diagnostic port and then connect up the CCM to communicate with the cluster via CAN bus to the cluster.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
I don't have laptop with rs232 port, only desktop. I need to change some values in ccm, soo thought I could connect it on bench, it would be easier. I have another cluster, not from my car, which I wired on bench alongside ccm, plus, minus, k line, can H and can L but again same result.
I wrote a program that can read/write the CCM using a generic KKL cable or older versions of VCDS cables: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/free-vds-pro-vagtacho-alternative.509151/
You just need a laptop that runs Windows 10 and an appropriate cable.

dusan93m

TDI
Golf mk4 TDi PD100
I did it. With your help and wiring diagrams of golf mk4 I managed to bench run CCM.
My CCM is 1CO 959 799 B and all wiring is based on 1CO electric system in Golf.
Like you all said, to access CCM with VCDS or VDS PRO there must be getaway controller which is cluster. I wired (DLC connector/OBD, Cluster and CCM) all plus and minuses together, k line also. According to wiring diagrams I wired CAN lines from OBD to Cluster which are CAN OUT (I think they are not needed, will try without them) pin27 and pin28 in T32/A green connector, also CAN lines pin8 and pin9 to CCM T23 connector pin6 and pin9.
If anybody need more info I'm glad to share my experience and knowledge.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Nice! MoGolf was an early adapter and is a wealth of some very valuable knowledge.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Nice! MoGolf was an early adapter and is a wealth of some very valuable knowledge.
Yes, I remember the early A4s being K-line, H & L, then moved to CAN bus. The B5.5 Passat TDIs we got were all CAN bus.

Gateway controller is in the cluster. VCDS can access it and it will tell you what control modules are connected in the right measuring blocks.

merlinsvq

TDI
golf iv 1.9 tdi 3 doors
I did it. With your help and wiring diagrams of golf mk4 I managed to bench run CCM.
My CCM is 1CO 959 799 B and all wiring is based on 1CO electric system in Golf.
Like you all said, to access CCM with VCDS or VDS PRO there must be getaway controller which is cluster. I wired (DLC connector/OBD, Cluster and CCM) all plus and minuses together, k line also. According to wiring diagrams I wired CAN lines from OBD to Cluster which are CAN OUT (I think they are not needed, will try without them) pin27 and pin28 in T32/A green connector, also CAN lines pin8 and pin9 to CCM T23 connector pin6 and pin9.
If anybody need more info I'm glad to share my experience and knowledge.
could you share the circuit? I am in the same case as you. very thankful