Golf dash vent control backlighting?

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
So I was talking with another Fred's member last night, and he pointed out that my '00 A4 Golf's dash vent control (the one that controls the flow of air up near the top) isn't backlit, like on his Jetta. Well, I don't ever recall them being backlit, so can any other A4 Golf owners confirm that this is the case? The alternative is that I have 3 burnt out bulbs behind those controls...

I thought that we'd had a brief discussion of this very topic a couple-three years ago, but I can't find any reference to it via a search.

TDI Zach

Mine isn't either.........

I wonder how hard that would be to retrofit. That was one thing I noticed when I first got my car, and its never seemed quite right. I didn't know the jetta's were though

cocca

Veteran Member
the Jetta's center vents (side vents) are backlit. That amber lighting looks really cool at night.
In fact, the Jetta's rear window controls, side-vents, trunk release, fuel door release are all lit as well.
Is that true for the Golf?

asparks

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 1999, Silver
Originally posted by cocca:
the Jetta's center vents (side vents) are backlit. That amber lighting looks really cool at night.
In fact, the Jetta's rear window controls, side-vents, trunk release, fuel door release are all lit as well.
Is that true for the Golf?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Vents are the only difference that I know of in the interiors, all other parts that you mentioned light up.

It's not a hard retrofit if you can find the vents from a Jetta. There's a thread on VWVortex on how to do this.