Glow plug lights keep flashing on my VW jetta mk5 1.9tdi

Gayan

TDI
1.9tdi BXE
Hi Guys hope you all are safe and doing well. I have come across an issue in my mk5 1.9tdi jetta 08. My glow plug light starts flashing when keeping in idel after some speeding.The car goes into limp home mode when the glow plug light is flashing and when the engine is switched off and on the error goes away. i have installed a cold air intake with a k&n filter about a month ago. Any body gone through such an issue?? Or any help to diagnose.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
An then you need to get rid of the K&N "cold air intake", oil mist from the filter will destroy the MAF sensor. Okay, maybe not every single time, but the odds are against you.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
An then you need to get rid of the K&N "cold air intake", oil mist from the filter will destroy the MAF sensor. Okay, maybe not every single time, but the odds are against you.
Over time the oil coats the sender and burns, causing it to read less air and ruins the sender.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Got scanned it says accelator throttle positioning sensor error.
The end stops can be re calibrated. Clean the connectors and re calibrate. Clear codes. If it comes back, replace it. If it's still there check grounds and your battery. These cars are sensitive to bad grounds and weak batteries.

Gayan

TDI
1.9tdi BXE
The end stops can be re calibrated. Clean the connectors and re calibrate. Clear codes. If it comes back, replace it. If it's still there check grounds and your battery. These cars are sensitive to bad grounds and weak batteries.
Can you give me elaborated instructions please

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
OP claims it's not an oiled filter.....

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
All knn re usable filters are oiled far as I know. And the ones sold in stores are oiled

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Can you give me elaborated instructions please
here's how to do it without vagcom. With the car off, push the accelerator all the way to the floor. Then turn your key to the 'on' position (do NOT start the car) and wait at least 10 seconds. Release the accelerator, then take the key out.

Gayan

TDI
1.9tdi BXE
here's how to do it without vagcom. With the car off, push the accelerator all the way to the floor. Then turn your key to the 'on' position (do NOT start the car) and wait at least 10 seconds. Release the accelerator, then take the key out.
Thanks alot i will try it