GLI/GTI Recaro Seats?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
hey-Hey!!!,
I'd like to find one of y'all who has mounted the Recaro seats so I can try them before laying out a pile of $$ for a nice set. I have a feeling I'd like 'em, but at the cost of entry I'd like to be sure. And yes, I'd drive some distance for this boon.
Thanks!
Douglas

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Unless you're on the (quite) large-bottomed end (no pun intended) of body types, you won't like them - you'll love 'em. :D

wildn

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI wagon 5spd! 2011 Jetta JSW TDI DSG
I have some in my wagon. I've had them for about 2 months, I'm 5'9 and stockier build and they're snug and in all honesty, I struggle to get out at times but they make driving feel better and they sit lower in the car.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I know I'm late to the party and you may have already purchased a set, but if you make it over to Wisconsin and are in the Green Bay area you can try out the Recaro seats I have in my MKIV Jetta.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I have not yet gotten a pair. The folk selling them want silly money for ones with tears and collapsed bolsters...or even sillier money for ones without. I missed a pair local enough that a member discovered and sent a link to 'cause I did not notice the arrival of a PM. Our audio club is putting on its first in-person meeting this month, and I hope TDI-ers follow suit with a GTG or three also. I'd love to get over to WI for one...and thanks for the offer!
cheers,
Douglas

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
The Recaro seats are a definite upgrade over the factory seats when it comes to all day comfort. It feels as if the seats are hugging you.

Let me check my calendar and see if I can find a good time in October to host another Fall GTG. Once I figure out what Saturday I have free I'll post it on here and possibly a select few FB groups.

If you don't have a set of seats by this fall, you can be my driver for the cruise to get a good feel for the seats. 😉

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Sounds like a plan to me. In addition to seeing how much I need a set of Recaro's there is other stuff I would not mind learning about. Do you encourage wrenching on projects at your GTG's?
cheers,
Douglas

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like a plan to me. In addition to seeing how much I need a set of Recaro's there is other stuff I would not mind learning about. Do you encourage wrenching on projects at your GTG's?
cheers,
Douglas
It's really up to each person if they wanna do any wrenching at one of my GTGs. I usually will do a cruise around Door County starting at 9AM and more often than not we're back around 12-12:30PM where we'll cookout and if there are people that wanna work on their car once were back is perfectly fine by me. We have a 2 post lift, so it makes working on a car a heck of a lot easier.

I'm sure there'll be someone that attends that can answer any of the questions you have.

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
I have a set in my jetta wagon. I’m in central MI- near Midland MI if your up this way I can make time to meet up so you can tryout the seats.