Getting their act together?

halbert

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 sportwagen
My recent experience suggests that VW is getting their act together:

From uploading of registration and ID documents to offer letter: 17 calendar days. Uploaded notarized offer letter (Note that in PA notaries do NOT use an embossing seal, just a stamp with their notary license number) Monday evening Dec 26. Got response Tuesday morning that a page was missing (it was...oops on my part). Later Tuesday uploaded again, accepted within a few hours.

Set up appointment--first available is Sat Feb 4.

Can we acknowledge that trying to upload and get it done on "day 1" may have been a bad idea..they were still beta testing and training people.

alightner

TDI
Multiple
Thanks for posting the total calendar days as I just submitted my docs for car 1 of 2 last week, and got green check marks the same day. It does appear they are getting traction and moving faster.
Fingers crossed this trend continues :)

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
I uploaded mine tuesday. Time will tell.

kaamacat

TDI
None now :0)
Respectfully......Not even close....

My status....
10/27 - Initial paperwork uploaded
11/14 - VWGoA rejection email on (2) forms
11/18 - Corrected forms re-uploaded
11/25 - VWGoA email approving thru Step15 (Forms)
12/08 - VWGoA Auditors reviewing (See 12/13 entry)
12/13 - Called VWGoA on status. Rep said on 12/08 went to Auditors
01/01 - :mad:5:mad: Weeks (26 Business Days) since Step15 confirmation

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
I was wondering the same thing. I uploaded one car on October 25th still waiting but I just uploaded my second last week and went to green check marks in two days.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
I'm happy for you that you had a good experience. I signed up on the portal the day the judgement was announced (end of Oct) and uploaded the original scans...selected buyback the day after.
Got green checkmarks Nov 8th.
Still waiting for them to be reviewed and approved, and hopefully eventually get an offer letter.
Still waiting to hear anything from class counsel, too, apart from some reply a month later of "Call me" with no callbacks.
Makes me wonder what limbo pile those of us "first submitters" were put into.

-T.

kjohnson129

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL
I hope you're right. Did you have a lien?

Still waiting after approval on 11/21, wasn't first group to upload but did mid-November.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
I suspect they are doing the current ones on one track and the backlog on another. That way instead of their numbers getting worse and worse they are actually getting better as a percentage of ones that hit the timeline. Once they've already missed the timeline your case is already in the wrong column, but if they can avoid that with new ones it's better for their numbers.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I suspect they are doing the current ones on one track and the backlog on another. That way instead of their numbers getting worse and worse they are actually getting better as a percentage of ones that hit the timeline. Once they've already missed the timeline your case is already in the wrong column, but if they can avoid that with new ones it's better for their numbers.
Yup. I think that's exactly what they've been doing. They need some short duration approvals (ex. The OP's) to balance off to ridiculously delayed ones. That and...as you said...it establishes a trend of improvement for their next court update, if they can say "see...we might have sucked a55 early on, but we're getting our $h1t together."

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
Docs submitted 12/13
offer received 12/28
notarized offer submitted 12/29,
appointment scheduled 12/29
return date 3/30/17 (not first available but last day the current registration is good through)
Loan through VW credit

GearHd6

TDI
2014 Jetta Premium 6 Speed
Docs submitted 12/13
offer received 12/28
notarized offer submitted 12/29,
appointment scheduled 12/29
return date 3/30/17 (not first available but last day the current registration is good through)
Loan through VW credit
That's crazy! Here I am, docs submitted 11/1 and they're still waiting in review with blue eyeballs.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
been on step 15 since 11/7. while i am happy for OP that he and others are seeing things move...there's way more of us that are in a holding pattern, waiting and twirling our thumbs into oblivion.

goodysgotacuda

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Goft TDI/6spd & Jetta TDI/DSG
My docs were approved on 11/08 and I still do not have an offer letter. They are far from "getting their act together".

MaverickH1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
All docs approved for me on 11/17, I believe. Still crickets here.

The car was originally "estimated" to have a buyback date of 12/15 when I first did the Claims Portal stuff. Now the car is out of inspection and needing some more money dumped into it (rear driver window fell the **** down and is being held up by a rubber door stop after paying $100 to fix the other window a little while ago for the same problem, windshield wipers were broken this morning, battery is getting slow to crank, it's getting further past the maintenance window that I skipped except for the oil change, and I'm about to pass through another required loan payment (my loan is done quarterly) which will be another $150 out of pocket. Plus another $50 for insurance. It's taking up important room in my driveway/construction area. And we're sitting low in our checking/savings as VW drags their f---ing feet on their commitment.

I'm starting to consider sending VW a storage bill for the extra time this has taken, but I doubt there would be any legal standing for it and it's only been a month overdue. The only thing that makes it difficult is that I have no idea how much longer it will be. I'm guessing I'll be in limbo for 3 months before the buyback actually happens.

Last edited:

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Docs accepted 11/14/16, offer letter received (and signed/notarized/returned) today.

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
For me, yes.

For all involved, it seems like VW is still dragging their feet.

I got my emissions modification offer, elected to change to a buy back, was reset, resubmitted everything, received the final offer yesterday morning, sent it back in around 4:30PST notarized, and received the final email asking me to schedule my appointment at 12:43AM this morning.

prostart

TDI
2013 JSW / 2003 Jetta TDI
I had originally asked for the fix, then decided on the buyback. I had to call to have my portal reset, that was the biggest stumbling block, they reset it to step 8. After that, I think its been about 3 or 4 days total and this morning I set my buy back appointment.

I think the key is that my situation was simple, original owner, pink slip in hand. I originally had VW credit as the title holder, still owed about 4k on it, but paid it off between my choice of fix and buyback. It was slower when VW had the title. So in my opinion, things are fast when you have the title in your hand, and are the original owner, but that sucks cause most are not in that situation, and paying the car off in the middle of the process wont help much cause you have to wait for the title to be mailed to you.

If I was gonna start the process over again, id simply make sure I had the title in my hand and ask for the buyback. I bet that it would go through in a week or two for people in that situation, that are the original owners of the cars. Seems to me that the more simple the process is for them, the faster it goes through, the complicated situations, or what seems simple to us but complicated to them , they are getting pushed to the side sadly.

MaverickH1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Sounds like it might be coming soon for me, then. That would be wonderful news.

Thanks for the updates, folks.

Palouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE/sunroof, DSG
Yup, me too ---- long wait, now over 50 working days on step15!
I've emailed legal council in San Fran, twice, and talked to them once; worked the chat line at the portal, called the portal, and yesterday I emailed the CEO of VWOA. In the meantime I accumulate miles (wife drives between 400-550 a week) and the nearest dealer is 90 miles away and he has already let one car of our specifications go because we couldn't close.

The waiting is bad enough, but the silence is deafening and demeaning!:mad:

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
I gave all of my initial documents on Monday night, by Friday I was able to schedule my buyback appointment. Likely would have been Thursday if I wouldn't have waited a day to upload my notarized form. This is definitely getting quicker, one caveat is that I hold the car's title.

MaverickH1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I gave all of my initial documents on Monday night, by Friday I was able to schedule my buyback appointment. Likely would have been Thursday if I wouldn't have waited a day to upload my notarized form. This is definitely getting quicker, one caveat is that I hold the car's title.
***? You waited less than a week from initial submission to scheduling a buyback?

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
Yep, but I do not know the build date for my replacement vehicle yet, so will stall. Looking at the web portal my dealer only has Monday and Tuesday slots, first available is the first week of March.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
My brother was behind the ball and was late getting his docs in. I think he did it right before Christmas or something. I think my first car was already turned in before he got his docs in.

He got the offer last week. He just needed to get stuff notarized (which he may have done by now).

I think most of the problems are with early claims that had an issue flag internally and they have not gotten back to them yet.