Getting Key Fobs Cut

tdihopeful

Veteran Member
TDI
03 2dr 5sp Golf
Maybe have the opportunity to purchase a very low cost TDI Beetle that needs front and rear glass and has two keys that need to be cut. I don't know the whole story of the car yet seems kinda sketchy. I'd like to know what is involved in getting keys cut if there is no master key available. I imagine it would involve removal of the door lock trunk lock or ignition module and taking one of those and the key fobs to a shop.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Maybe have the opportunity to purchase a very low cost TDI Beetle that needs front and rear glass and has two keys that need to be cut. I don't know the whole story of the car yet seems kinda sketchy. I'd like to know what is involved in getting keys cut if there is no master key available. I imagine it would involve removal of the door lock trunk lock or ignition module and taking one of those and the key fobs to a shop.
Yes. That's what it takes if done "cheaply" lowest would probably be $80. 5 each key cut of you have the key.. 30 to 40 for each lock to be matched to a key by disassembling by the locksmith.
The ignition might be more as it requires specialization via a drill mod to remove the tumber out of the ignition part.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
What year is that Beetle?
if is 2000+ Keys also has to be programed to immobilizer , not just cut.