Getting a key cut

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta TDI 01M, '02 Jeep Liberty Renegade ALH TDI swap
Getting a key cut - UPDATED: Found someone

I've got a used fob being sent to me, but I am going to need a key for it. I've searched and read that they should be able to cut an haa key from my naa key, but my local VW dealer doesn't cut keys they just order them by VIN. Where can I go to get a VW key cut around Hamilton/Burlington - heck even T.O.?

Last edited:

codeblue

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Vento GLX TDI
I took my motorcycle keys to Dundas Lock n Key in downtown Dundas because the Kawi dealer recommended them. They do a lot of keys for autos so, I guess I would recommend them.

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
I thought of Dundas Lock and Key first because they cut some really funky Medeco keys for work for me. They don't have the sidewinder key machine. They recommended Binns Lock and Key on Cannon here in Hamilton, but the guy that can work the machine is only in on certain days and he's not in until next week now.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
go to Ebay UK, and look for HAA key cut, i used a company last year and paid 15$ to have the key cut and shipped to my house in wodbridge. All i had to do is to take a picture of my key and send them an email. Great service and was fast.

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
Hmm, I tried that search, didn't come up with any results for cutting keys. Any idea what the name of the company is?

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, I went down to Binns lock and key. They didn't have the right blank. It would take a week to order in. $50 cut. But they are only open 8-5 and I work those hours for the next couple of weeks.

I find it hard to believe that with all these VWs on the road there isn't a single place in the golden horseshoe or GTA that cuts sidewinder blanks.

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
If anyone needs a key cut PM Todd (mkiv1.8tJetta)on vwvortex. He's located in Oakville which was a short drive for me. He cut me a key for my switchblade from my valet key. He also was able to extract my SKC and program the remote for me. His prices were quite reasonable and he's a great guy all around.