Get 3 beeps on every start

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
I had ABS issues so I pulled the fuse. That turned off some warning lights on the speedo, but there is a warning signal in the dash. How easy is it to find and unplug this beeper?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
What’s the issue with the ABS that you had to pull the fuse?

Last edited:

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
If you don't want to deal with the actual issue, pull the cluster out and rip the speaker out, it's hard to miss... problem solved

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Smh... This isn't the 80s, pulling fuses isn't going to turn things off. Either fix the abs issue or desolder the speaker.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
i know if the battery dips below 9v while cranking it will put the cluster into low voltage mode which disables sound output. But unless the whole abs module is bad i would fix the issue. Or just deal with the sounds. I set my cluster to Germany to shut off the door chime and seat belt alarm. But all the other warning chimes still ring-a-ding.