Germanoem.ca - OEM Parts site.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Yup, they're in Waterdown just west of Toronto. Been a while since I ordered from them, but back in the day everything came as expected.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Thank you, German fuel filter looks like under $40 which is good but I gotta check out shipping costs.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I use germanoem regularly, most recently last week. Site is easy to use, prices and shipping costs are comparable to other Canadian suppliers. No complaints here.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Using these sites is a good option and I have used this site and others in the past but always remember the chance of encountering the extra hassle of having to return an item because you ordered the incorrect part, the part comes delivered damaged, or its defective and you need another one. Using a retailer or shop with a brick and mortar presence would alleviate these potential issues. The brick and mortar place I use always price matches the online retailers if their price is cheaper.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
The main issue he's going to have is the fact that he doesn't do his own wrenching so whatever savings he thinks he's getting, will be nullified by the labour he will pay a shop if he even finds one that will install parts he brings in. Just about every shop that's going to do the work has their own supply channels and can get you whatever parts you want at better prices than you can by yourself.

These suppliers are only a good option for those of us who do our own wrenching.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Bringing parts into a shop is like bringing your own food to a restaurant. Shops make half their income from sales of parts.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Unfortunately, @Fitn3rd seems to struggle to understand that any shop also needs to make a living..... so he's not willing to spend to educate himself on how to do his own fixing, buy his own tools\equipment\shop, but at the same time, he expects those who have done all that to just charge him a few bucks to save him money!

Adulting can be hard!

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
TurboABA, That last post was not necessary.

I'm an intelligent individual and as such, am aware of what the difference is between paying someone to work on your car and being taken to the cleaners by said person.

I believe you may either have struggled to understand the issue at hand or you believe that someone should either work on their own car (which I won't because I'm a computer guy, not a mechanic and have no desire to work on my own car at the risk of ****ing something up ) or you're forced to be taken for a ride.

As you've seen with other posters here, you can find someone competent and have work done for a reasonable price that doesn't rival the price at a dealership. please don't paint me out to be a cheap ass, I will pay someone, just not $1000 for a brake job when I know it can be done by someone for around $750-$850.

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Brakes were done by member @krazykipa.

I was also able to learn a lesson on doing my own fuel filter in the future which was a nice touch. It made me proud to be a member of this club.

I highly recommend Rob.

The price was right on budget and the attention to detail was outstanding.

I wouldn't think twice about allowing him to work on my car in the future.

krazykipa

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (RIP), 2006 Jetta Wagon TDI
Where is @krazykipa located?
Streetsville, Mississauga - but am mobile based on the job and your needs.

As for GermanOEM.ca, I like their parts and pricing, but shipping could be improved for bulky stuff. I like GermanParts.ca for that, they use PenguinPickup (which is free and usually close by). For some reason they eliminated some Mississauga pickup points... but still good. Usually more expensive parts to start, but if you catch something on promo or sale, it makes up for it.