GeeZ! $3.90gal Biodiesel ASTM D6751 at the refinery in Oakland CA!!

BioNerd

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI L4 - 1.9L vin F 116ci 1896cc type AHU - MFI DIESEL SOHC Turbo-charged 5 speed MANUAL TRANNY
Hello again!

Now its even cheaper than Reg. Diesel!

I went there and it was awesome, its the refinery that provide many pumps and fleets around here!

Fuel is available at their plant located at 851 49th Ave, Oakland, CA. Fueling Hours are Monday-Friday 6:00 am - 7:00 pm and Saturday 10-2.

http://www.sironafuels.com/buy-bio

what is ASTM D6751? click here.

Diesel cars DO NOT NEED CONVERSION to run biodiesel.

Biodiesel is a non-petroleum based fuel derived from vegetable oils or animal fats. It can be used to power diesel engines either in its pure form or blended with conventional petroleum diesel. It can also be used in all modern diesel engines with little or no modification and has the added benefit of reducing the wear and tear on those engines because of its enhanced lubricity.
Biodiesel releases no stored CO2, only that which its feedstock source removed from the atmosphere through photosynthesis. This gives it a carbon footprint that is significantly lower than its fossil fuel counterpart. A U.S. Department of Agriculture and Department of Energy study has shown that even virgin soy-based biodiesel emits only 22 percent of the CO2 of conventional diesel, taking into account the entirety of its production cycle. Sirona's use of sustainably produced feedstocks and waste oils reduces these emissions even more significantly.
Biodiesel is nontoxic and biodegrades at a rate of four times that of conventional diesel. Its flash point is much higher than other fuels making it safer to store, handle and use. Biodiesel has undergone a complete evaluation of emission results and potential health effects by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Clean Air Act. It thus became the first and only alternative fuel to be registered with the EPA as a legal fuel and fuel additive.
Biodiesel production is an integral component of plans to address:

• Global Warming
  • Energy Independence
  • Energy Security
  • Economic Security
  • National Security
Biodiesel is a source of energy that can be used today in the infrastructure that currently serves our energy, transportation, and heating needs. It delivers reductions of greenhouse gasses at a time when immediate action is needed to combat global warming.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Are you working for them? Sure are posting about them a lot. This also belongs in the alt fuels forum probably. I would suspect most of the members here are fully aware about bio and its merits and drawbacks and those that aren't can find it in alt fuels forum. If you keep posting about them so much some will think you are a shill for the company and that won't turn out well. Slow down a bit on the constant bio posting please. You have links in your sig already those that want to can click on.

BioNerd

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI L4 - 1.9L vin F 116ci 1896cc type AHU - MFI DIESEL SOHC Turbo-charged 5 speed MANUAL TRANNY
No, I'm not working for them.
You can do as you want. I'm not going to loose some sleep over it. It's fun to write stuff, so I do while I take care of my son.
Banning me for sharing the good news of cheap alternative fuel. Geez.
I'm just glad that there is a recycled cooking oil biodiesel source here in Oakland and we have access to it.
Now I know what shill means, I didn't even know the meaning of the word. I was wondering.
By the way, excuse my english... What does the word 'Powertrip' means?
Bless

BioNerd

Veteran Member
TDI
..."that won't turn out well".... Geez.

If you look at all my threads then I work for K&N filters, Racor Filters, several Engine Oil makers, Indigobluwagon (member) idparts because I tried to support his business. Etc...

There was no need for you to write that here. Been a gentleman and writing a PM, wouldn't piss off anyone.

kpenner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI 3.0L
Bought my first tank of biodiesel yesterday at the Chevron station on exit 255 on I-45 between Dallas and Houston. It was $3.76! I have a question though, do I still need to add a fuel additive? I use Stanadyne regularly but didn't add any for this tank.

BioNerd

Veteran Member
TDI
Additive not needed in my opinion if its a blend under B50. If B100 I would do a purge every time I need to change fuel filters. I added a Mann wk 31/5 prefilter to catch bigger gunk from the regular diesel that biodiesel dissolves. Helps keep the expensive main fuel filter clean longer and as its clear you can see the stuff inside the pre filter.

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
Are you working for them? Sure are posting about them a lot. This also belongs in the alt fuels forum probably. I would suspect most of the members here are fully aware about bio and its merits and drawbacks and those that aren't can find it in alt fuels forum. If you keep posting about them so much some will think you are a shill for the company and that won't turn out well. Slow down a bit on the constant bio posting please. You have links in your sig already those that want to can click on.
I know his post sounds like an advertisement for them, I posted that too the 1st time he did it. I stopped by to check the place out and it's legit and I actually plan on getting all my bio from this place (I found out they actually supply the station I used to go to for B99).

If not for his post, I would have never known about this place. Granted, it only helps a small fraction of people who live in the Bay area. Still if you don't want to read his post, just don't click on this thread. I really don't see the problem.

He may not have proper etiquette, but I find his motives are actually good.

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
It is great to let people know about the station; if one opens up around here I hope someone posts to let me know.

But the statement about what vehicles can use should be amended or omitted:

"It can also be used in all modern diesel engines with little or no modification and has the added benefit of reducing the wear and tear on those engines because of its enhanced lubricity."

This is most definitely not accurate, and may also be misleading.

BioNerd

Veteran Member
TDI
It is great to let people know about the station; if one opens up around here I hope someone posts to let me know.

But the statement about what vehicles can use should be amended or omitted:

"It can also be used in all modern diesel engines with little or no modification and has the added benefit of reducing the wear and tear on those engines because of its enhanced lubricity."

This is most definitely not accurate, and may also be misleading.
understood, I read further and now I know about the conflict with newer tdis and higher concentrations. I copied/paste from their website. Next time im there I will let them know.

One of the guys there wants to barter with me, which I love to do.

No money, barter for honey!:cool:

Thank you for the support Darth, I'm glad that it was helpful for you. The place doesnt advertice nuch, due to the real nature of their business.:D

blankenman

TDI
none
Hey BioNerd, Darth_Furious,
I'm in the bay area also. Too expensive on the san fran side obviously. Know what the prices have been lately in Oakland? Also, thanks for the bio info BioNerd. New to the forum, trying to get to know some local folks.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
In the Bay Area you can find R95 and R99 fuels at select 76 stations (renewable fuels), you can find Diesel HPR (High Performance Renewable) at select stations (www.propelfuels.com) and there was a station in Berkeley at the corner of Ashby and San Pablo that sold B100. I was not aware of the place that BioNerd mentioned.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Well, this thread is almost 10 years old, so whatever was mentioned before has likely changed.