• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

GB Feeler: Webasto BlueHeat systems

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
For those unfamiliar with BlueHeat, please check out the following links:

http://www.webastoshowroom.com/blueheat/
http://www.webastoshowroom.com/blueheat/blueheat_faq.htm

This is a parking heater that runs off the car's fuel. It is far more efficient than idling the car and emits less emissions. For those who have endured a cold winter with a TDI, you know that idling doesn't generate any heat when it's *really* cold. With this system, cold starts would be a thing of the past, minimizing wear and tear on your engine. In stop and go traffic, I've personally seen my temp gauge go down to the minimum. The BlueHeat can be on while the car is running to maintain the optimum coolant temperature. No more explaining to my 5 year old daughter why the car is so cold!

Many TDI owners swear by their Frostheaters (I love mine), but the times when I can actually plug in my car are infrequent. I can't run a 27-mile extension cord to work, and they certainly aren't going to install an outlet for me in the parking lot. Not to mention the mall trips, road trips, and all the holiday traveling I tend to do. The BlueHeat system would certainly make winter travel much more enjoyable for me and my family.

While researching local installers, I found that there aren't any in CT, western MA or eastern upstate NY. This has led me to consider becoming an authorized installer for Webasto. I have been in contact with Chris Donovan, who oversees the northeast installers. Lucky for us, Chris drives a TDI and does lurk on TDIClub from time to time. He understands that we're a different demographic than what would be considered typical and is willing to work with us by letting an enthusiast/part-time wrencher go through the training program.

Becoming an authorized installer takes a significant time and financial investment on my part. Before I undertake this, I would like to know who would seriously consider buying one of these systems. If the demand is there, I'll do it. I need 5 definites to kick this into motion.

The cost of the system is normally $1695 installed. As if never having a cold car again isn't enough incentive, I will offer these to the first 5 people for $1450 installed. If there is continued interest, I will find out what ongoing discount I would be allowed to give.

Your feedback on this is appreciated.

shewch

Veteran Member
TDI
GLS, 2003, Platinum
I have a tsl17 Heavy Truck Webasto installed in my tdi and I would like to get a remoter start for it. Im in for that if you could help me get one.

albertatdi

TDI
2000 Jetta, 5spd.
I can't afford to buy one at this time. But in the future I definately plan on buying one of these... Haha, After all I am in Canada!

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
12000+ active members and no interest in this?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
meganuke said:
You didn't want to spend $45 on the KVW100 and you're suprised that people aren't ready to anti up $1400?

This is a fantastic addition to our cars as I have two of them! So, you're preaching to the choir. Unfortunately, $1400 is alot of money for this crowd to spend.

Lito

ARBY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Sportwagen - really want a F-150.
What if only the system is needed; i.e., self-installed?

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
But when you consider to buy just the unit you are looking at $1200. An extra $250 intsalled is kind of a steal as this thing was kind of a pain and a long slow process to install.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
ARBY said:
What if only the system is needed; i.e., self-installed?
The dealers aren't allowed to sell the kits. It can only be purchased and installed from the authorized dealer.

ARBY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Sportwagen - really want a F-150.
tongsli said:
The dealers aren't allowed to sell the kits. It can only be purchased and installed from the authorized dealer.

I thought you installed your own?

Karjar

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
I'd be interested, but a long drive to CT for me :)
Does anyone install these in central Canada?

Oops, never mind checked the website, and there are installers here:) down side is the FAQ says to run the car for as long as the heater was running:( unless I am missing something, when it is -30C over night, I would think it would have to be set to come on at least 3 hours prior to starting?

Last edited:

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
I don't think it takes that long to heat up. I would think 20-30 minutes would make a substantial difference in the coolant temp.

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
Keith, I hate you.

that is indeed quite a bit of coin.. then again i also watched the temp gauge dip below 140 *ON I-84* driving back and forth from work last winter at 65 (ish) mph.

I'm putting some definite thought into this thing.. but I can't tell you immediately, as I still am budgeting for the tranny install. Once I know what that will run me, I can give you a more definite answer. That being said, 1450 is a good deal.

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Mike, it's in your brain now...you can't resist...

VTJC

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW, 2009, Grey
BlueCTTDI, block off part of your radiator if you loosing coolant temp/heat while driving in the cold. Jamie

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
BlueCTTDi said:
Keith, I hate you.

that is indeed quite a bit of coin.. then again i also watched the temp gauge dip below 140 *ON I-84* driving back and forth from work last winter at 65 (ish) mph.

I'm putting some definite thought into this thing.. but I can't tell you immediately, as I still am budgeting for the tranny install. Once I know what that will run me, I can give you a more definite answer. That being said, 1450 is a good deal.
Hahaha, your so scrwed, you need this now. Next gtg I will park my car next to yours so you can hear the purrrr of the heater. :eek:

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
david_594 said:
Hahaha, your so scrwed, you need this now. Next gtg I will park my car next to yours so you can hear the purrrr of the heater. :eek:
LOL, let me clarify my first statement. I hate you ALL. and I wonder why I have trouble saving for a house down payment. By the time I'm done my car will be worth as much as a small house.

did you get yours installed? I expect to see functional dual exhausts on that bad boy as well at Dyno Day...

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
nice.. how much will the unit preheat the coolant (I'm assuming around 140 deg or so, that's all the oil burners were good for in the buses I used to drive - granted they were 8.3L engines), and for that matter, how long do these things need to run for say from 0-10 deg F ambient temp?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hi,

I'm interested. I no longer live where I can plug the ceramic heater in each night. Plus, my commute is short enough to where it will take longer to scrape off the ice than it would to drive to the commuter rail. I view this heater as a real time-saver. Also, since the heater can safely be used with the car running, I can see myself extending my autocross season through the winter series. I've avoided winter autocross since the car retains no heat. What a bonus!

The big question is can you put it on a 98 TDI? And how long would you need the car? I'd be driving a few hundred miles to you...

Scott

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Mike, IIRC, the unit will preheat the coolant to about 170 or 180 degrees. Almost full operating temperature. I don't know how fast it takes to warm it up from a given starting point, since the amount of coolant varies from car to car. Perhaps Lito or someone who has experienced that can chime in.

Scott, installation is typically 6 hours, I'm told. Of course, it varies by model. I have family in Virginia Beach, so you may not have to drive far at all.

ARBY, should I put you down as a yes?

TheSpatulaOfLove

Non-stick & heat resistant!
TDI
04 Bug TDI GLS, Black & 02 Bug TDI GLS, Uglyass Green
I eyed this for awhile, as I saw that Webasto had all kinds of add-ins in Europe for this system, like cell-phone dial-a-heat and all. Unfortunately, I was never able to track down pricing for it. I really was geeked about the whole thing!

Now that I see the unit's costs, I am totally off. $1500 would be very hard for me to justify this convenience. This is one item where I can't afford to be an early adopter. Fatherhood costs a lot! ;)

As I scrape the inside of my windows this winter, I'll think of you rich guys with your fancy heaters. :p

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hi,

meganuke said:
Scott, installation is typically 6 hours, I'm told. Of course, it varies by model. I have family in Virginia Beach, so you may not have to drive far at all.
That's great news! I'll try to stay up to date with this thread.

Thanks,

Scott

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
meganuke said:
No interest 'cause I already have one on my TDI. Nice product and it's worth every penny too! Good luck getting people here to spend the bucks - if it costs more than a few hundred the vast majority will pass unfortunely.

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
One more bump to see if there are 3 more people seriously interested.