Gave my TDI away.

lost1wing

Veteran Member
TDI
2003, 2003, 2002, 2000 ,2000
Not really. I gave it to my son. He learned to drive in it and he really enjoys the TDI. It is now has 276,000 miles and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. I wish I had a second ALH TDI.

lost1wing

Veteran Member
TDI
I will look into it. I did tell my son that I get it back when he is ready for a new one. I still get to do all of the maintenance on it though.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Sounds like your son got the best half of that deal. You should at least make him do all the maintenance... Under careful supervision, of course. :D

lost1wing

Veteran Member
TDI
He already broke the dip stick tube once. He yanked it staight up with the upper cover removed. He did fine installing the new floor mats.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Normally, that would be called shilling, but in this case it's just plain funny! :D
:D:D
Funny yes,

Shilling I beg to differ, I think my signature and vendor status make things pretty clear.

A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Maybe shill was the wrong word, but just so you understand that I know you weren't doing that, it's all good.

lost1wing

Veteran Member
TDI
I was just looking at some of my old post here. Update, my son is still driving the 03 Jetta that I gave him 10 years ago. He is close to 400k now. The only big issue we had with it was the 5th gear stripped off of the shaft. Actually, both the gear and the shaft stripped. I was looking at just replacing the 5 speed, but I ended up welding the gear on. That was 2 years ago and it is still going. Time to start thinking about another TB and another left inner cv. Made in China shafts that you get on Amazon don't last very long. I will replace just the inner on the original shaft with a better quality one this time.

lost1wing

Veteran Member
TDI
Even at O'Reilly's you can get bad parts. Bought a right driveshaft from them to install, since I had the engine and trans out for a clutch/flywheel replacement. I had a vib at 1800 and 3200 rpm. Thought for sure it was the clutch or flywheel. Was going to pull the trans off again but for some reason I touched the hollow driveshaft. It felt warmer than I thought it should. I put the old wore out shaft back in and the vibe was gone. The sealed end of the shaft was never greased. It was full of powder by the time I cut the band off to look.