Fuse panel service bulletin

CornfieldCraig

TDI
09 Jetta 6-spd manual
I went to my dealership today for an oil change and as usual, they checked for any open service bulletins for my 2009 Jetta TDI. I was told that a service bulletin was issued just today regarding the fuse panel in the engine compartment. I was delighted to hear that because I've twice had to replace a mostly melted F16 fuse and have figured that it was only a matter of time until I had to replace that fuse panel. I was worried that they'd say mine was OK because i replaced that fuse as recently as three weeks ago, but they noted the melting in the panel and replaced it, free of charge. I have to say that VW has been pretty good about correcting many common problems. Yes, there are a couple elephants in the room (hpfp and dpf), but on the whole, they've been pretty good.

Last edited:

thecause17

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Salsa Red TDi DSG
No it's not just 2009. Mine went in yesterday for an EGR valve replacement and they brought up that they were doing this recall as well. If my receipt has a number on it to reference this I will post it here. I'm not picking the car up until tomorrow though.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I posted a new topic got a letter today on Service Action 97AM 09-10 Jettas and 09 GTIs for an underhood fuse.

edge130

Veteran Member
TDI
Wife's 2009 Jetta TDI sedan (2009 - 2017)
Service letter

I received the service letter in the mail yesterday re the fuse.
Letter says to arrange appointment, and that the work only takes a short time to perform

CornfieldCraig

TDI
09 Jetta 6-spd manual
The letter says that they're replacing an "under hood fuse...to prevent premature failure due to possible degradation of the fuse's coating material."

There were two parts replaced:

The fuse, which was mentioned in the letter (N-017-131-25) and the fuse "plate" (1K0-937-125-D) which is the panel in the fuse box that actually holds the fuses and was not mentioned in the letter. As someone else mentioned the Service Action is 97AM and applies to 2009-2010 Jetta Sedans and 2009 GTIs.

I can confirm that it was quick. I had the oil change done at the same time and they also performed the check on the fuel injection lines (3rd time for this for me. Strange.) in addition to the fuse plate. It didn't seem like it took more than an hour, including the car wash.

If you have an audio jack or iPod jack installed, be sure to check if it's working before you leave the dealership because, naturally, they disconnect the battery during this process and the modification to enable these features will be lost.

Last edited:

thecause17

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Salsa Red TDi DSG
Hopefully what they did on mine wasn't what caused my head unit to take a crap today...doesn't even turn on anymore, fuses are all good...

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I had to replace my main fuse just 2 days before getting the letter. The fuse box plate is connected to the main fuse strip that's in my car. I will send them my receipt and Bill. My rate is only $100.00 an hour.

vwlogue

Veteran Member
TDI
7th VW: 2011 SportWagen TDI & 6th: 2000 Golf TDI
Is 1K0-937-125-D supposed to be the improved version?

I'm having outside light issues on MY2011 had replaced the BCM, and it still shows up intermittently. While having a discounted oil change, was told by the dealer that the fuse panel was the problem and they wanted $400 to replace. I just checked any mine is already 1K0-937-125-D and it looks ok on the surface - all fuses are fine.