Fund Raiser for Oilhammer

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I think he may have been referring to a prize he ponied up. I can't find the post, but I coulda swore he offered a timing belt job (labor)....
I'm sure he is. He actually donated 2 prizes. A timing belt job (labor) and a G60/VR6 clutch. Therefore 2 different winners should contact him.

Have Fun!

Don

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Actually, it gave me an excuse to see old friends and get the girls out of the house for awhile......only cost me a few hours behind the wheel.

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
Oilhammer and family, per the very nice thank you note I received from you. First, it was much appreciated. Second, I again, hope you the very best.

Jettaneeds

TDI
2006 Jetta Sedan, 2009 Jetta Sportwagon
A quick note to say "Thanks" to Ross-Tech for the raffle prize. It arrived yesterday. All the best to oilhammer and his family. What a great group of caring people!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Total of donations???

so I don't know how much has rolled in from random donations, but from what I do know based on this thread is that this club has managed to raise at least: $14,846.40 from the raffle, IDparts, and west coast donation. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Way-to-go TDIClub!!!! We hope it helps, Brian.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Good news everyone is ok.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
No joke. That is an 80+ year old oak tree crashed into my master bedroom, happened Wednesday evening around 7:45. My son was in that room about 20 seconds before that happened.

It was storming, the power had gone out, I was in the process of getting candles and flashlights going (our power goes out a lot) and my wife was checking the weather on her cell phone. She asked me if I heard tornado sirens, and I got up to get a better listen... then suddenly she blurted out "tornado spotted in Union!"

We got our little boy (who just got back home from another hospital stay on Saturday) undone from his feeding tube, and down in the basement. I heard an enormous "CRASH" as I was coming back up the stairs to get my older boy, who had just crawled out of that bedroom. I scooped him up in my arms and ran back down the stairs, he was sitting in the hallway. I thought I heard rain, like a window was open, but I was certain I had just closed them all across the back of the house.

I asked my wife if she had opened a window, she said no, so we waited for it to pass. I went back up stairs, walked down the hallway, and saw lightning coming from the room. :eek:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Glad everyone is okay. Hopefully you have someplace close to have a roof over your head tonight. Insurance can take care of the house while you and your wife take care of the boys.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Glad to hear everyone is OK. Sorry to hear about the house.

Tony

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Glad everyone is OK and hope that your homeowners policy will take care of the damage to your home. nothing worse than adding insult to injury, kicking a person when they're down etc.

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
I work with quite a few people from Pacific area (company I work for used to be out there, Control Devices)... No one I talked to had anything out of the ordinary happen.

Tough luck brother! Glad everyone is okay.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
I'm glad you're all OK. Those storms also passed through my neck of the woods and they packed a wallop. I wouldn't wish tornadoes and straight line winds on anyone.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
I have to wonder why bad things always happen to good people. Glad everyone is OK.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
:(:(:(:(:( ***! Literally, when it rains it pours! yuck! Good luck with everything, man. I know it's been so hard for you. I hope others are able to appreciate the value of minor daily frustrations and misfortunes as compared to the deep seeded struggles that others face.
My heart goes out to you and your family, Brian. damn, dude. :mad:

At least everyone is OK :)