Fund Raiser for Oilhammer

DSL HED

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta wagon DSG
I too found out about oilhammer's problems from the idparts newsletter. I've never met him and probably never will based on where he lives, but every post I've seen from him is helpful and he always seems friendly so it's very sad that he's having such severe problems. So I'll get him added as a bill payee and send him some money soon.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I too found out about oilhammer's problems from the idparts newsletter. I've never met him and probably never will based on where he lives, but every post I've seen from him is helpful and he always seems friendly so it's very sad that he's having such severe problems. So I'll get him added as a bill payee and send him some money soon.
You might get your chance to meet him this coming labor day weekend if all goes according to plan. :cool:

Stig

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, Storm Grey; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow and Red
Folks,

I'm just another TDIClubber that has never met oilhammer personally, but like many I have greatly benefitted from his shared knowledge.

I'd like to see this thread be very active and effective. Would it be possible in this case, Mr Administrator/Moderator, to crosspost this in more heavily trafficked forums like TDI101, A4, B5 etc?

This is the first time I have even thought of coming to the MidWest forum, being a Southern boy, and I would not have come if it were not for aarodriguez's site and the raffle.

In any case, raffle tix bought and positive thoughts going out to a true TDIClubber. Godspeed, Brian.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I will post an announcement in TDI 101 linking to this thread and the raffle.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
I will post an announcement in TDI 101 linking to this thread and the raffle.
Is it possible to go site wide? if not for the mention in the B4 or later in the Eastern region threads, I would not have known.

LUKE!!!, You Have The Power!!! ;):D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I do not have the power to go site wide and I think the admins are comfortable with the current level of exposure.

vinman

TDI
Mk V Jetta TDI
Small token of thanks sent.

You've saved me tons of time, money, and worry, it's the least I could do.

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
This was an AWESOME idea guys! I have never met OilHammer but I did the BSM delete on my car using the instructions he helped write. Just a small token of my appreciation! Tickets purchased! :D

outthere

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 B5 Northern Green wagon
Just bought raffle tix. If I win it will be auctioned off and the $ donated to the family.

Glad I checked the forum I've been off the grid for a while.

ccxsen

TDI
2004 Passat GLS-silver
Check on its way

Although I am a newbie, it was thru the tdiclub that I discovered the issue of the chainless conversion on my 2004 passat tdi, among other things-and helped me find a trusted mechanic.

Communities are for sharing-and supporting oilhammer is a great way to demonstrate that-since he has shared so much with the group. My check is in the mail.

Chris (aka ccxsen)

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
I had a great breakfast chat with Brian in Lexington at TDIfest. I learned a lot in that hour and am more than happy to contribute in his time of need. The raffle is a great idea and I thank all the sponsors who contributed.

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
Just want to say that I got a thank you note in the mail today from Lisa (Brian's wife). That was extremely nice, but totally unneccessary, with everything else she has going on (and my modest contribution).

I guess that shows what wonderful people they are.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Just want to say that I got a thank you note in the mail today from Lisa (Brian's wife). That was extremely nice, but totally unneccessary, with everything else she has going on (and my modest contribution).

I guess that shows what wonderful people they are.
I received one the other day, too. It was very nice, but not necessary - it's the least we could do to help friends in need. :)

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 1999.5 Jetta, 2001 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, and too many others I've lost count
I received a thank you note today also. Just goes to show what a class act the Johnston family is.

_MattMan

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS Wagon 5sp
Ditto, I too received a “ Thank You “ note from Lisa (Brian’s Wife), although wasn’t expecting it, it sure was nice to know they received it – what a great family !!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Yeah, I got one too. Thanks, Lisa and Brian, you really didn't have to send a card. :)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Same here.Thank you, Brian and Lisa for the card.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I too, received a very nice Thank you card a few days ago. It let me know that my contribution actually arrived as intended.

Mr. and Mrs. OilHammer are a class act.

Bill

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
It's gratifying to me to see that the fund raising and the raffle are going well. When it started I was not very optimistic about us raising enough money to make a real difference for Brian and his family, but it seems we're really doing some good.

We've sold a lot of tee shirts and hats, and will total up sales and send Brian and Lisa a check at the end of the month. Folks have been generous enough that we've run out of black hats and medium shirts, and most people are saying no worries, send it when you can. Thanks for that.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Raffle ends in one week

The raffle for Oilhammer ends in one week. That means you only have seven days to buy your tickets. If you look in the raffle thread, you will see a post from Newzboys showing you which raffle items you would have the best chance of winning. Look here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=375886

Lets make this final week as big as the first week was. This raffle has already raised over $7,000 - let's see if we can get it up over $8,000 before it ends next Thursday at midnight (Eastern time).

You guys have been amazing - keep it up for one more week.

Thanks

Don

P.S. Buy your raffle tickets here: http://oilhammerraffle.weebly.com/
PayPal, Google Pay, or credit cards accepted.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
just sent off my little check to brian, it's not much but i hope it all adds up to. thank you oilhammer for everything i have learned from you on this forum

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Lets make this final week as big as the first week was. This raffle has already raised over $7,000 - let's see if we can get it up over $10,000 before it ends next Thursday at midnight (Eastern time).
Don

P.S. Buy your raffle tickets here: http://oilhammerraffle.weebly.com/
PayPal, Google Pay, or credit cards accepted.
Fixed that for you!! C'mon folks!

Lisa/Brian, thanks for the card.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Wasn't sure if I purchased a raffle ticket that Oilhammer would get the full amount so I just sent the money straight to him.
100% of the money spent on raffle tickets will go to Oilhammer - 100%! Even the PayPal fees and any credit card fees are being covered by separate donations (not raffle ticket prices). You have nothing to fear about this. Direct donations are not a problem - make all you want. However, if you are interested in possibly winning any of the raffle items do not hesitate because you are afraid that oilhammer will not get all the money - he (and his family) will get every penny raised.

Special thanks goes to Newzboys for this. He is using his business PayPal account and he has promised to cover all fees up to $10,000 raised. I would love to see this raffle go over that amount, but with only 6 days left for the raffle - we should be OK. If we do go over $10k, I will cover whatever fees Newzboys doesn't. I'm the guy who started this raffle and I will not allow oilhammer to not receive every cent.

Thanks for all of your support

Don