Fund Raiser for Oilhammer

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
....I work/have worked in the tip industry for years, and the first visit there I asked if there was anything extra I could do for him for being so cool, helpful and willing to explain things about my car....and he suggested I donate to TDI Club! After 3 meetings and posts here, I get a nice strong feeling that this guy truly is a class-act. This really is a shame....well I will certainly get my chance with direct cash-to-palm very soon. Knowing this I can make sure he can't decline. :eek:
On time Brian gave me, a good used trans with a damaged converter, for free which I promptly sold. He even drove it from St. Louis area to Kansas City are for me! After this I offered to give him a portion of the proceeds to which he refused, and suggested also that I make a donation to tdiclub, which I did. Definatly a "class-act".

Brian also has answered many tech questions for me.

I also have a child with health problems, and will be sending a donation.

SuperAdellic

Veteran Member
TDI
None
The check will be there next week (sent from my bank; thanks to scurvy for the web bill pay idea). Thank you for all that you have given to this community. Take care of your family and let us take care of you for a moment.
Ryan

Barnitz

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Found out about this through IDPart's e-mail! Awesome of them to mention it in there and give the sales from their shirts.

I entered the raffle for the Vag Com.

What a great community! Feels awesome to be apart of it.

J

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 passat tdi.... my 6th TDi!! a4, a3, b4, a5, my b7 and wife has a '11 JSW.. :)
checks in the mail

Found out from IDparts enewsletter as well....

TDIclub has helped me countless times!

From one father to another, I feel for you Brian! I can only imagine!

I hope this $50 I send goes to good use man!

Godspeed brother!
:)

Last edited:

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Notice he said 'about speechless.' Will we ever know what it takes to make an oilhammer actually speechless?
Farts bad enough to call in a HazMat team... does choking and gagging count as 'speechless'? :D
Katy Perry dropping off a giant novelty check in a pristine T3?
A big crate at his toolbox with a manual transmission and all associated bits from a Škoda Superb to drop into his Passat?

The check will be there next week (sent from my bank; thanks to scurvy for the web bill pay idea).
Happy to help others to donate - actually finding a checkbook is a rarity around my house, much less assembling it with envelopes and stamps. Online Bill Pay has been one of the least documented and most useful features of internet banking IMO.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Farts bad enough to call in a HazMat team... does choking and gagging count as 'speechless'? :D
I tried that once, it didn't render him quite speechless.

Did clear out the House of Three Stooges in about 30 seconds, in 5 F weather, though.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Even though I have never interacted with Oilhammer, I have seen countless posts and contributions in the past 10 years!
Donation sent ... Best of luck!

Last edited:

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
Thanks to the IDParts newsletter for bringing this to my attention and bringing me out of TDIClub semi-retirement. Although I'm too far from St. Louis to have ever met Brian (nor even knew his "real" name until today!) I've seen him help out online far too many times to count and I've learned a lot from him.

Billpay should go out tomorrow. Keep your chin up Brian!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Thanks to the IDParts newsletter for bringing this to my attention and bringing me out of TDIClub semi-retirement.
Keep your chin up Brian!
Likewise! I haven't been on the club much at all these past few months. IDParts newsletter caught my attention (See, there are people that actually read them! ;)).
I'll send something as soon as I can. This club is the best. You guys really are the truest meaning of community. :D

Last edited:

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
I think he hates me (WVO) but I sent a check anyway, from the online bank billpayer.

I also hadn't heard of this until I got my newsletter from IDParts. Maybe someone can post it more prominently, or send out a club-wide email?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I think he hates me (WVO) but I sent a check anyway, from the online bank billpayer.

I also hadn't heard of this until I got my newsletter from IDParts. Maybe someone can post it more prominently, or send out a club-wide email?
It's not a personal thing I'd bet. It's just that you are from Connecticut. I had to leave there to become liked....:p:D (kidding, of course..I'm still a Yankee)

That's a good idea to somehow make it more known that there is a fund raiser going on. Two guys I spoke with about it here were not aware of the event.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
Just participated in the raffle. I met Brian at the TDI fest in Ypsilanti, MI last year. The public would look at the car mechanics as superheroes if they were all like Brian.

cristoaca

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S
I have not spoken directly with Bryan but by the type of person everyone says he is, I am sure he would have helped me with his knowledge. Raffle tickets purchased.

cpinde

TDI
05 VW Passat, 04 Jetta, 06 BRM Jetta, sold 15 Golf current
I'm a new member and have already been helped by Oilhammer!! He saved me from more headaches. The money I'm sending is payment for his consultation!! Thanks for the help. I hope it helps take some of the stress away so you can focus on taking care of the family.

_MattMan

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS Wagon 5sp
Check will be going out in the mail tomorrow morning (Wed)

Brian, Thank you for all that you do for the TDIClub !

I hope it will help you and your family out during these trying times.

philngrayce

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta, '06 Jetta, Both Gone '13 Leaf, Gone Liberty CRD, Subaru Forrester and MB300SD
It's not a personal thing I'd bet. It's just that you are from Connecticut. I had to leave there to become liked....:p:D (kidding, of course..I'm still a Yankee)
But you're probably a nice guy. I don't think they would like me even if I left.

Which was worse, the leaving Connecticut part or the moving to Texas part?

6x6man

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 1999.5 Jetta, 2001 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, and too many others I've lost count
I've had the privilege of meeting Brian in person once. I flew into St Louis from Milwaukee to buy a TDI. I took it to Brian for a pre-purchase inspection and he pointed out several issues that I did not notice myself. He was kind enough to work me into his schedule even though I did not have an appointment, and personally explained the report to me in person. Really a top notch mechanic and decent human being. I've learned so much from his contributions to this forum. Thank you Brian, you help make TDIClub what it is.

A donation has been sent via BillPay and raffle tickets purchased (thank you to the vendors for your generous donations of the raffle items.)

one2many

TDI
14 Q5, 05 Passat
I've been a part-time lurker on the forums for some time now. I first discovered the site after purchasing my 05 Passat Tdi Wagon and many of my questions were answered by reading through the posts. Brian's knowledge and experience with the gear driven BSM along with thorough instructions was perfect! I printed them out, ordered the module, and never needed to speak with him due to the incredible amount of information that he has donated to this site.

So now it's my turn, 2 Raffle tickets sold!

Jettaneeds

TDI
2006 Jetta Sedan, 2009 Jetta Sportwagon
I recently spoke to Brian and he is a stand up guy as he gave me advice and doesn't even know me. Thanks Jason! I ordered several tickets as a small way of saying "Thanks". Brian, I hope all goes well for you and the family and you have my family's thoughts and prayers. Thank you vendors. Any way to move this to other areas so more forum users can read this?

Last edited:

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
I haven't worked in several years now due to health issues, so my donation may not be as big as it should be, but it's on its way. Brian has been a huge help and always seems to go the extra mile for every customer he has and everyone on this forum. From my years of living in small town, isolated and backwards Mississippi, I can honestly say it was worth the drive up to St. Louis to have him work on my car, and I only wish that I were close enough now to continue that habit.

We're truly blessed to have someone like Brian on our side!

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
I know I have interacted with Oilhammer on here before and read many, many posts by him. Will be buying 3 raffle tickets. Is it enough? Probably not, but it's the best I can do right now.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Will be buying 3 raffle tickets. Is it enough? Probably not, but it's the best I can do right now.
Every little bit helps. It may feel less burdensome to spread out the ticket buying... one a week, for instance... the raffle's going on for the entire month...

This is a great community !!!

Yuri

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
But you're probably a nice guy. I don't think they would like me even if I left.

Which was worse, the leaving Connecticut part or the moving to Texas part?
This is funny!:D:eek:

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Brian helped saved my butt once a few years ago when, during a GTG at Old Navy's place, it was discovered that another shop had botched my timing belt job big-time. An emergency TB job was needed ASAP. It wasn't discovered until around 5pm on a Saturday, but that wasn't going to stop a bunch of TDI club members. MoGolf discovered the problem and was willing to fix it, but we didn't have a TB kit available. One call to Oilhammer and that was solved. Member Wolfie2 drove me all the way from the SE corner of MO to St. Louis and Brian gave me a TB kit he had there for nothing more than a handshake and a promise to replace it when I could.

MoGolf, Wolfie, Oilhammer, and a bunch of other members who's names, I'm ashamed to admit, I forget at the moment, saved my butt that night and enabled me to keep piling on the miles. While Brian has been a ton of help to me and countless others, this thead shows that his actions are typical of the average (above average?) TDIClub member. A willingness to help when needed with nothing more than a "thanks" in return expected.

I've had my own issues in the past year or so, but I'll search the couch cushions and the change jars and send what I can ASAP. He deserves it. Hang in there Brian!

Last edited: