Fumoto Oil Drain Valves

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Not treg, but I had one on my a4. It worked well until I started doing topside oil changes.

Ragdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
On my CC I have the Stahlbus oil drain valve , on my Ford 7.3 diesels I use the Fumoto drain valve , on my TDi nothing yet but a drain plug. Both of the drain valves work very easily and neatly, need one for the TDi

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
I dont bother with drain plugs...been using oil evacuation for 15 years on all my tdis. Cleaner..faster and easier. Plenty of people have tested the theory if it removes all the oil and it does...infact most times it removes more since you can suck out the filter housing as well

rocky raccoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
I agree Savage but I occasionally like to get under and remove the fairing to see what is going on. At those times, I use the Fumoto. In addition, getting under is easy with my F150 so the truck always gets drained through the Fumoto.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
I dont bother with drain plugs...been using oil evacuation for 15 years on all my tdis. Cleaner..faster and easier. Plenty of people have tested the theory if it removes all the oil and it does...infact most times it removes more since you can suck out the filter housing as well
Yeah, they're easier to use in theory. That's why I tried that first.

I've literally evacuated everything possible and then drained over a litre, over the course of several oil change intervals.

So in my case that's not true. Have you cross-compared both methods yourself, or are you referencing other people? Do you have any links?

What I'm trying to avoid is the mess. Best thing I've found so far is to remove the dipstick plug and VC oil cap, then loosen the oil filter, and vac out as much as possible up top, then loosen the drain plug just enough that the remainder will dribble into the pan.

One of these drain valves would speed things up considerably.

Last edited:

T1MMBOJONES

Veteran Member
TDI
03 ALH 01M wagon
fwiw i have a similar drainplug,ez valve iirc, on my 7.3l. its just a standard ball valve as far as i can tell, which i think is how the fumotos work also. anyways van has 250,000 miles and i can honestly say it never dropped a drip of oil until i got said plug. they gave me a replacement twice now and my drip is almost non existent again but the valve is always covered. it still outweighs dropping the plug in my pan. my van holds 15 qts so i can afford to lose a few drips in 10,000 miles, tdi might be more noticeable....