Full on RTDI build up.

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta CR; 2011 BMW 335D
It would have been so sweet, just could not wait any more.... Those do not look like the HID headlamps it left here with!

Had to work late and did not get to UPS, will try to get a package out to you tmw.

Show us some engine pics!

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
06 sprinter. 03 jetta wagon premium with 6 speed ALH swap, 14 JSW
What brakes are on the front of that thing?
They look bigger than My R32 front brakes.

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
Bigger and much lighter. Brembo 355mm, six pot fixed caliper. Amazing brake feel and performance.... and Eric is selling them as well as the STG 1 upgraded rears.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
If I wasn't so rotund I would LOVE those seats!! That thing looks SWEET!!

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
It would have been so sweet, just could not wait any more.... Those do not look like the HID headlamps it left here with!
Had to work late and did not get to UPS, will try to get a package out to you tmw.
I've actually already purchased a set of Retrofits off Vortex.;)
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7179079-Golf-GTI-Retrofit-headlights

Not a problem Rick.

I need my Mom to email me the pics she took of the engine bay. So they're taken, I just don't have them on my computer to post up.;)

What brakes are on the front of that thing?
They look bigger than My R32 front brakes.
Bigger and much lighter. Brembo 355mm, six pot fixed caliper. Amazing brake feel and performance.... and Eric is selling them as well as the STG 1 upgraded rears.
Here's my FS thread with pics.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=4816627#post4816627

If I wasn't so round I would LOVE those seats!! That thing looks SWEET!!
Yeah, Fran loved the seats for the drive back. He loved how they felt like they were hugging you and how comfortable they are.

The seats are for sale too. I need a set of seats that have either has a head rest that goes up like in my Jetta or like the seats I'm going to get has harness holes in them.:cool:

Like so...

So I can run Schroth Quick-Fit Harnesses in both the RTDI and the Jetta.:D

Hope that clears up why I'm selling so many things off the car.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI

Here are some engine bay pictures.;)

As you can tell it needs some tlc to bring it up to my stringent standards.:D

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, I finally got to take the car out for a spin yesterday afternoon. All I can say is Holy $#*! this car is FAST! My friend drove it over to our shop to take out the spare parts out of the car and was quite disappointed in the performance of the car:(

The friend that drove me in the van over to the shop switched and drove the car back to the house. He said the car performed better.:confused:

A third friend showed up to checkout the car and with his help, they got me in the car. We headed out to a test loop close to our house and the car still had no real power:confused: So I got to thinking that he should cycle the key and see if we had full power, but nothing:confused: I figured why not try it a second time to cycle the key and low and behold, that woke up the beast.:eek:

I couldn't believe the power the car has.:eek: Once you get over 3k you better watch out and be holding onto the steering wheel, cause this car just hauls!

We pushed it pretty good in the corners on the test loop and handled them with squealing tires:D

Keep in mind all 4 of use were in the car this whole time on the test loop.;)

After the successful test drive me and the friend that is going to be driving the car at the High Performance Driving Events(HPDE) that the car needs a Roll Cage:eek:

So I ordered a weld in Roll Cage for the car this afternoon, so if something happens out on the track we'll survive the crash/rollover.

I've got 5 weeks to get the car ready for the July 12th Road America HPDE.:D

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Weird. Sounds like it was in limp mode?
Yeah, it was Limp Mode, but I'm not a 100% sure why...My Jetta would start in limp mode from a faulty 3 BAR MAP sensor.

Luckily I have a 4 BAR MAP at home waiting to go into the Jetta after a car show on the 13th of June.:D

I'm hoping that's all it is...is a faulty MAP sensor. I'll swap them this weekend and report back.:)

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Don't install that 4 bar MAP without a proper tune! Wait... it has a 3 bar MAP in it?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Don't install that 4 bar MAP without a proper tune! Wait... it has a 3 bar MAP in it?
Hmm, I thought it had a 4 BAR MAP sensor...

You might be getting confused Jon...I was refering to my Jetta that had a faulty 3 BAR MAP sensor that would cause my Jetta to start in Limp Mode and once I cycled the key it would run like it was supposed to. Once I put a new 3 BAR MAP sensor in the Jetta it started and ran like it was supposed to.

Make sense now.;)

I can always check the parts #'s that are on the MAP sensor that is in the car with the one I have waiting to install in the Jetta.:D

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
The awesome R seats:cool: It's too bad they don't work very well with harnesses:(

The Koenig aftermarket seats have a plastic insert that the harness goes through, similar to this:

Pretty certain you can buy these pieces as a spare part from Koening themselves. The seat frame inside may have to be modded to fit them anyway.:confused:

Koenigs are very heavy, so probably better to replace them anyway on a track car :)

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
Jon Fettig, it has a 4 bar MAP and a custom tune by Mikel from TDTuning. Marin (Jetta , 97) did the testing on a dyno, sending files back and forth with Mikel. Eric is guessing that the MAP is bad as it has hit limp mode at least once.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Got it, I mis-read above.

I'll be able to diagnose when I see Eric in a couple weeks.