Full on RTDI build up.

ocnaj

TDI
'00 Golf 2DR
Love the build.

Yeah, I have a Stage 3 Colt in my car and the head needed to be machined for clearance.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Alright, looking good. You got 4 weeks to get it done and bring to the R32 gtg. Show some .:Rs whats up.

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta CR; 2011 BMW 335D
Thanks Jon. It will have Whitbread special head bolts. I'll talk to Steve about your suggestion.

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'84 Toyota 1Z 4WD x-cab, '13 Jetta Wagon
Rtdi

Yes! This is my next swap.

I'm also interested in a reasonably priced, unmodified .:R. There are very few around.

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
In tuning. VWMikel @ TDTuning is writing the tunes. Best AWD pulls on a Mustang dyno so far were 263 AWHP, 414 AWTQ. Pretty sure it would be higher if it was tested FWD only from what I have read here. Dyno operator said that it should be corrected to 289/456, but I'm not sure what that means, I was not there. Was told it seems to run out of fuel at the top end, so we are looking to push more volume. It has a new BEW lift pump. I was also told it is a bit smoky during pulls, until it passes 4k or so and leans out. Looking forward to more, but the weather in Tx is prohibitive at the moment.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Just a note the 02M shift forks are not made by USP. They are the same parts that come from VW and available at your dealer.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
In tuning. VWMikel @ TDTuning is writing the tunes. Best AWD pulls on a Mustang dyno so far were 263 AWHP, 414 AWTQ. Pretty sure it would be higher if it was tested FWD only from what I have read here. Dyno operator said that it should be corrected to 289/456, but I'm not sure what that means, I was not there. Was told it seems to run out of fuel at the top end, so we are looking to push more volume. It has a new BEW lift pump. I was also told it is a bit smoky during pulls, until it passes 4k or so and leans out. Looking forward to more, but the weather in Tx is prohibitive at the moment.
I was at Dyno and I tune this car since I am Tdtuning dealer.
Mike did really good job on tuning, and I can tell he is the best option when it comes to 22/60 turbo set up.He did to many of those and he really know what is he doing.

What Rick want to tell you is that Dyno machine is off about 10-12%. So real numbers are about 290-300 Hp with 450-460 Torque.
They still using old software and Dyno is not calibrate 100%. They are going to update it in near future , but guy told be is it off about 10-12( it showing less ).
I drove car and this is one of the relay fastest TDI I ever drove it.

I manage to make R32 cluster fully functional with EDC 16 ECU and it works perfect. Rick wanted me to keep original faces with 7500 rpm. He has glow plug working 100% but only thing he can not see it , as gas Rpm scale does not have icon for it. But He live in Florida so I doubt he will ever need it :D

It is really amazing car and very powerful.

Good job Steve .

Last edited:

CharlieT

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi TTqTDI, B4V, B5.5V, '12 NMS SEL
I drove car and this is one of the relay fastest TDI I ever drove it.
You need to take the TT for a spin then !

In all seriousness, great build, love the pics, looks like it will be a lot of fun.
You have motivated me to go find an AWD dyno.....

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
You need to take the TT for a spin then !

In all seriousness, great build, love the pics, looks like it will be a lot of fun.
You have motivated me to go find an AWD dyno.....
Charlie did you finish complete engine built?

You can come in Dallas and do 4 wheel dyno :D.
Then I can test drive car.

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
Charlie, your build was the inspiration for this one. How is your engine update coming along?

eurostile

TDI
2013 Golf tdi
Did it sell? I was working on getting my finances in order to take a serious look at the car...

Steve

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
Steve, it has not sold yet. I have a very interested party trying to work out transportation.

eurostile

TDI
2013 Golf tdi
Ok please keep us posted as I am also extremely interested in the car as well.

Good luck with the sale!

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
Eric (aka 3L3M3NT) who is a gentlemen and genuinely nice guy, is in need of some assistance to complete this "completed" build. I'm hoping that the gurus on this list can help.

His driver arrived to find that the car was anything but complete. In fact, it to several hours to get it drivable, much less complete. In the meantime, Eric and I had to adjust the price to make up for what had been promised by The TDI Guy versus what was reality. Because Eric had already had a cashiers check made up in my name, the change in price resulted in my sending him a sum with three zeroes on the left of the decimal over Paypal to make up for it. Additional insult to add to my significant financial injury.

Eric remained positive, I spoke with his driver, the three of us worked out what we could. The driver (super guy!!) took off and made it a few hours before running out of fuel due to an inop gauge. Then he had to use a funnel to get fuel in, because the fuel inlet has not been swapped for the diesel version...

More to follow, but first thing is: isn't the fuel issue as simple as swapping the inlet pipe for one from a MKIV TDI golf?

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
06 sprinter. 03 jetta wagon premium with 6 speed ALH swap, 14 JSW
I have been told that you can just yank the restrictior off with pliers.

I swapped tanks, but that would be an expensive option for you.

rspring

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks dremd! A tank swap is not an option due to the unique tank to accommodate RWD and IRS. Pulling the restrictor sounds pretty easy.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Thanks dremd! A tank swap is not an option due to the unique tank to accommodate RWD and IRS. Pulling the restrictor sounds pretty easy.
Hmmm, I'm having a very knowledgeable friend, who is also a very good mechanic coming over Tuesday afternoon to look over the car and maybe that is something he could do.

Hopefully I can report back on Wednesday with some good news.:D

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
06 sprinter. 03 jetta wagon premium with 6 speed ALH swap, 14 JSW
I wish I had tried removing the restrictor on the Gasoline Tank that I removed just so you guys would know.

It LOOKED like it was crimped on the end, that said, I kind of think that you would remove the part that the cap screws in to at the same time.

I know in the early days of Unleaded gas people would ream out the unleaded restrictor to run the cheaper unleaded fuel. I bet the same could also be done.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Here are some pics of the car. I'll be making a build thread in the next few days. Just need to find the free time.:D

With our 16 year old Golden Retriever photo bombing the picture:D

I'll post more pics in the build thread.;)