Full MFD in MK6 TDI yet?

skully

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav, 2014 BMW 328d wagon
With VCDS, is the GLI cluster a direct swap into the 12 TDI? Can anyone confirm this?
No. There are wiring differences between the GLI and the TDI. We have the polo wiring (lower end, more like what they did in the mk4 generation) while the GLI uses a more modern wiring layout/setup. It'd take quite a bit of work to get it to work.

J2Jonner

TDI
2012 Jetta
Ok, thanks for the update! I just discovered the "torque" app for my phone which will get me the info I desire (albeit in a "not always on" fashion). May pickup a ecorouteHD garmin unit someday and mount just to get the guages and add gps.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
has anyone worked on this....Perhaps source a full mfd from norway or something as they come standard in tdi jetta there?

MerkleTDi

TDI
2014 Jetta TDi Premium W/Nav Pure White, w/DSG & Fender Audio
I agree. Having a gli cluster would be tits. But just having a better display would be so awesome. I want to get something like a banks IQ for my car.

Locnar

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT
Full Sized Alternative?

I had the 'opportunity' to get a Wolfsburg Edition Passat as a rental a few days ago and it had a similar looking MFD as our Jettas, only it took up the entire space rather than being half-sized.

Although not perfect, I wonder if this might be a more realistic swap out than the full on MFD you see in the GLI or TDI Passats. Seems the electronics would be similar, though I don't know for sure.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
no your not understanding me...the jetta in norway, australia ect have tdi full gauges...no trying to make it work it will drop in all it may need is vcds coding

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My 2013 Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium has a Full MFD......and adaptive Hids and Led taillights and Fender Stereo and Climatronic and IRS NICE CAR!!
yah and its also wired entirely different...were not here to buy a hybrid we are talking about cluster swap.

Hybrid is useless for many of our applications mine without a doubt

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yes so wired entirely different then any jetta on here besides yours...so again i see how any of this was helping

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
yes so wired entirely different then any jetta on here besides yours...so again i see how any of this was helping
Apperantly the is a guy in brampton that has installed full tdi cluster. Passat tdi will not allow your immo to work, but told me golf plus will work. He does have couple of clusters in stock and you can see which one works for you. Pm me if you are intested.

Last edited: