Full MFD in MK6 TDI yet?

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Has anyone swapped in a full MFD cluster and full function steering wheel into a MK6 Jetta TDI yet? My girlfriend is picking one up this week and doesn't like it in comparison to my 2010's full MFD cluster.

Thanks in advance guys!

Nick

skully

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav, 2014 BMW 328d wagon
I haven't seen anyone do that yet, but it's on my list. I really miss the FIS I have on my 2004. From what I understand right now you have to find a dealer who will do it, which means importing a brand-new cluster, which will cost you more than 1000 euro. Give it a couple years and I bet cluster swaps will be a common thing in these cars.

The steering wheel is easy, but the right and left buttons don't do anything.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
I haven't seen anyone do that yet, but it's on my list. I really miss the FIS I have on my 2004. From what I understand right now you have to find a dealer who will do it, which means importing a brand-new cluster, which will cost you more than 1000 euro. Give it a couple years and I bet cluster swaps will be a common thing in these cars.

The steering wheel is easy, but the right and left buttons don't do anything.
Here is my plan: I have a 2010 TDI with the full white MFD which is technically MK6. I've wanted to upgrade mine to the Golf Plus cluster for a while now to get the neat color screen instead. With updating mine, I can donate the old one to her new car (which I assume will work). We'll need to get the MFSW to control the menus and do some programming via vag-com I assume, but I can't imagine it'd be all that difficult.

Luckily I have an awesome relationship with the local VW dealer and I would assume they would be all for my crazy upgrade plans.

Beals

TDI
2011 Jetta 2.5 SE
Let us know how it works out. Subscribed to this thread now.

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
anyone got photos of the full MFD (looking to compare to the canadian version) - I thinks I got the full MFD in my new 2012.

probstkr

TDI
2011 Jetta 6sp
VW seems to recanting somewhat on the cost-cutting measures...adding back soft-touch dash, a little more bling, etc. I'd bet they'll eventually cave on this too. And that's when I'll sell my 2011 :D.

skully

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav, 2014 BMW 328d wagon
Here is my plan: I have a 2010 TDI with the full white MFD which is technically MK6. I've wanted to upgrade mine to the Golf Plus cluster for a while now to get the neat color screen instead. With updating mine, I can donate the old one to her new car (which I assume will work). We'll need to get the MFSW to control the menus and do some programming via vag-com I assume, but I can't imagine it'd be all that difficult.
Luckily I have an awesome relationship with the local VW dealer and I would assume they would be all for my crazy upgrade plans.
That will probably work, except for one thing: You won't be able to adjust the odometer. The dealer doesn't have any ability to set the milage of the cluster once it has more than 100 miles on it, and no one has yet broken the encryption that VW uses on the newer clusters so tools like vagcommander don't work. I'm sure that will change as people keep working on it, but in the meantime you'll run into that issue. Not a big deal as long as you fill out the right DMV forms, but could be annoying.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Well crap. I wasn't aware that the dealer couldn't roll it back. Might have to be back to the drawing board on this one. Or wait until she has 26xxx miles, lol!

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
That will probably work, except for one thing: You won't be able to adjust the odometer. The dealer doesn't have any ability to set the milage of the cluster once it has more than 100 miles on it, and no one has yet broken the encryption that VW uses on the newer clusters so tools like vagcommander don't work. I'm sure that will change as people keep working on it, but in the meantime you'll run into that issue. Not a big deal as long as you fill out the right DMV forms, but could be annoying.
I dont even think it will get that far! the 2010 Jetta has the Golf electronics and 2011 is totally different. I tired putting my wife's 2010 Golf cluster in the 2011 Jetta and it didnt even power up. harness and mounting points are the same, but I bet the actual harness pins are different. I know europe is using a full FIS cluster, but i bet they also have the highline CECM.

I was thinking of swapping the highline CECM+cluster from wife's car to mine and see where that takes me, but that just seems like lot of work for trial and error right now.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Today she took delivery of her 2012 Jetta TDI and I have already ran a full auto VCDS scan on it. To my surprise, it looks as though the CECM in it is a high-line module which will make adding fog lights the correct way much easier :).

mo_focus, what is the model number of your CECM? Hers is: 5C0-937-087-E. From what I know from my 2010 TDI, the 087 module is the high-line.

As far as the cluster is concerned, it may be more then just a plug and play. I plan on looking into it.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Today she took delivery of her 2012 Jetta TDI and I have already ran a full auto VCDS scan on it. To my surprise, it looks as though the CECM in it is a high-line module which will make adding fog lights the correct way much easier :).

mo_focus, what is the model number of your CECM? Hers is: 5C0-937-087-E. From what I know from my 2010 TDI, the 087 module is the high-line.

As far as the cluster is concerned, it may be more then just a plug and play. I plan on looking into it.
5C0 937 087 A, when i looked behind the fuse panel i saw the CECM and it only has two cables attached to it, for highline i think you need 3.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
No mine only has 2, black and white. No yellow.
Is this from the 2012 jetta TDI?mine is 2011 jetta TDI highline Canadian model.
Ok, then I have more research to do. That pic is from my 2010 TDI sedan which uses MK6 Golf CECM. The more reading I do, I am fixing that the CECM on the MK6 Jetta is different then the MK6 golfs/JSWs.

I hav had only enough time to do a full scan on the car so far. Still a lot to learn.

amd is the best

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Sedan DSG
Sorry - somehow I thought you were posting the pic for the 2010 (your sig made it look like the caption)
Ahh, got ya. Sorry for the confusion. My car is a 2010 which has the full cluster. The car in question is my girlfriends new 2012 TDI sedan. Maybe someday :)

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
With VCDS, is the GLI cluster a direct swap into the 12 TDI? Can anyone confirm this?
I was told that it depends on the ECU you have. If you have the high end ECU it is possible, if not you are SOL.