Full FIS cluster swap

TDi110

Veteran Member
Hi,

Can anyone assist. I would like to swap my immobilser II NON Can Bus cluster for an immobilser III Can Bus cluster.

I am aware that the Airbag warning light is an issue, are there any other issues that i should be aware of?

Such as the remote keyfobs not being able to be progammed into the system, Glowplug warning etc

My existing cluster is in MY 99.

The immobilser III Can Bus cluster that I am interested in, is a Full FIS cluster.

Has anyone done this conversion?

I have read the monster cluster swap thread but ended up getting a tad confused.

Any assistance would be great.

Tdi110

waldo22

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI, 1981 Caddy 1.6 IDI
Immo II???

Are you sure you have IMMO II?

Most '99s didn't have Immobilizer at all.

Wes

waldo22

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI, 1981 Caddy 1.6 IDI
It should still work ok

Should work fine with an Immo III cluster. You can go "forward", just not backward (ie. from Immo II to no Immo or from Immo III to Immo II)

I swapped my Immo II cluster with another Immo II cluster,

1J0 920 845C

Then I used the MPH faceplate off of my old cluster and replaced it so that it would read right. (basically turned it into a 945C).

This particular cluster doesn't have the "oil pan" sensor problem that the older Immo IIs have, 1J0 920 842C or 942C.

Either way, you'll have to have the SKC from the old cluster and from the new one, unless you buy the new one brand new from a dealer.

AFAIK, the keys should still adapt fine.

What do you mean about the "airbag light issue"?

Wes