Fuelab lift pumps - Interest for potential group buy?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Board was wonky for some reason. I should get the unit back this week before the GTG, and I'll hopefully get to dyno with it on and with it off.

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Finally progress! :)

Let's hope this was just a glitch from the vendor and not the standard quality they supply, my money on this just being a glitch.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Yeah, thats what Brian said, he said there was no reason for the board to go bad, especially how "low" flow it is producing compared to what this pump's true application is for.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Finally progress! :)

Let's hope this was just a glitch from the vendor and not the standard quality they supply, my money on this just being a glitch.
Agreed! As much R&D and testing as Fuelab does, they wouldn't offer a 2 year unconditional warranty if they weren't confident in their product. Sh!t just happens every now and then.

Josh@FUELAB

TDI
A stable of Ford Focus'
Glad you got it back and all appears well.

Have you been having any problems with your email lately? I tried to send you a message a couple of times to let you know your pump arrived, as well as an email to let you know we sent it back out to you- all were sent back to me. Admittedly, I forgot all about you being on this forum, so I guess I could/should have tried here.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
That's really wierd Josh, no one's mentioned it. You're not considered spam... did you reply to our original emails?

Keebler145

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MKIV 2000, 2003, and MKV 2006 PD DSG
. Going to take the pump out today and send it to them to have it checked out. Finally found a place to order some push connects to fit in some line. These are cool bits to connect lines together super easy, like chinese finger traps. Come out real easy too.

I can't tell if it's failed or not because I've only driven the car with the pump installed. If it failed, it's not hampering flow and just making the sound. So either it's been running fine and my fueling is great up top, or I've got more coming.

haha glad you found some connectors! They sell those quick connects with water meth kits, hell I think you can pick them up from Napa. I like how they're made out of metal and not plastic though ;)

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
i tought that fluorosilicone was'nt compatible with Diesel could'nt they change the seals for Viton? this would work with a vaccuum pump right?

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
i tought that fluorosilicone was'nt compatible with Diesel could'nt they change the seals for Viton? this would work with a vaccuum pump right?
Fluorosilicone is compatible with diesel fuel. It also has a higher temperature range than viton.

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
thanks :p this would also yield more gains than installing a PD-style pump right? and would mean easier start ups during winter...

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
Updating the thread to state that after 6-8 months of usage, the current pump is working just fine. The new board they made has better failsafes against bad voltage. I also installed bigger than recommended gauge wire to take care of any old b4 electrical issues.

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Had mine (part # 40402-1) over a year. Still hums away in the trunk!

cool (~35F) weather, B99, no problem
hot florida weather, crappy D2, still no problems

Never had an issue with this thing no matter where I went

PD lift....who needs that? :)