fuel mileage questions

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Turbobrick is right, thanks for clarifying! Also great to see you still in the mix after making the transition from Swedespeed.

The ECU that you source from another vehicle will have to be modified via a tune for your car to accept it (if the ECU VIN doesn't match with the info from the CECM still in your vehicle it won't work hence the "immobilizer" function), which is why if you choose to go that route you should keep the ECU that came stock with the car as-is and have the ECU that you sourced elsewhere tuned and the immobilizer deleted and mated to your VIN.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
you'd need an immobilizer delete on the tuned ecu. My feeling is that once you cowboy up for a tune, you accept the responsibility of being your own warranty. At least for the drivetrain components.
ah, well the emissions warrenty covers everything from the intake to the exhaust. Engine and emissions related system only.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Yes, and some owners have much more comprehensive CPO warranty coverage. Just the cost of being an enthusiast, imo.

_Colty_

TDI
2011 Golf 2 door 6MT "DSLGATE"
Just thought I'd drop this in. My car threw a couple CELs a month back. Finally got it in to the dealership. Went in with 42-44mpg. They replaced the DPF filter (which was clogged and making it not regen), now I'm getting 50-55. See if you have a pending fault code and ask them to just do the work then and there. If you're set on stock exhaust that is. ;)

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Just thought I'd drop this in. My car threw a couple CELs a month back. Finally got it in to the dealership. Went in with 42-44mpg. They replaced the DPF filter (which was clogged and making it not regen), now I'm getting 50-55. See if you have a pending fault code and ask them to just do the work then and there. If you're set on stock exhaust that is. ;)
yeah my light comes on every time it tries to regen. clear it and in 150-200 miles... bam, annoying light. But hey if the motor blows its covered. They told me to drive it till its able to be fixed. Even knowing i drive 500 miles a week. They dont have loners atm. they are only able to loan them to vehicles being fixed on an as-needed basis. nAnd in about 2 years when my warrenty expires (due to miles driven) I will be deleting and tuning so i should get close to 50mpg. I am getting 37 mpg average. (logged on 2k miles) my dad is getting 40 with his mk6 jsw.