Fuel Logger Spreadsheet, and more!

Kriesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
new version... more graphs, some comparisons between metric and standard... check it out, let me know what you think...

also, a version for those that don't want the graphs and such, and only want the fuel log...

Kriesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
New version. Been a while, but had some people looking for an expanded version, since they ran out of room, and I recently ran out of room too (on the environmental data tab). I've noticed some of the comment thingys on the main tab aren't showing up properly, but they don't hinder the use of the spreadsheet, so I left them alone.

So, this spreadsheet is now at version 15... The about section on the spreadsheet has the update information pretty well documented.

I recently placed the document on Google Box, as Comcast's storage system is seemingly permanently down. The link is in the original post of this thread.

Also, I've only updated the standard version to version 15. If you need metric, let me know, and I'll knock that out quick and post it on google box too.

Again, any other suggestions, please let me know.

To update to a newer version, copy and paste your own data to the sheet. Delete the data that I've left in it (as an example).

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
If you don't mind, could you throw up the metric one, it's a fantastic chart

Kriesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Has anyone tried to open this with OpenOffice?

It locks up part way through loading.

BTW, this spreadsheet functions very well in Open Office.
You had it working in 2009...

Are you using OpenOffice 3.0?

I'll see if I can figure out why it's not working, but please look into it a little as well. Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you a couple other copies of the file, see if it works.

Thanks!

Last edited:

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
Thanks Kriesel, OO 3 worked, but I switched to OO 4 after reinstalling my OS to a new hard drive.

PM sent.

Colt636

TDI
none
What is the best way to copy and paste the environmental information from the comma delimited file into excel?

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
Update: I had to convert the xlsx file format to xls (online converter) to get it to work.

It now seems to work well in OpenOffice 4 after a short delay in opening.*

LibreOffice 4 opens the xls file right up.*

*Tested with Kriesel's latest xls file.

FWIW, LibreOffice is the new Openoffice in my opinion. Looks and feels identical and from my reading, the open source development crowd has put Oo on the back burner.

Last edited:

Kriesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I added a .xls formatted excel sheet as well, for those that want to download that instead of .xlsx

Check the original post for the link if needed.

Kriesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
added a google sheets version, based on the standard US gallons and such. text/link in the original post.

if someone feels like they wanted a metric version for google sheets, let me know.