Fuel Injectors

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
My 06 Jetta sedan diesel needs new injectors as they are all leaking according to the dealer. I have 387,000km's on my vehicle. I have used Stanedyne performance additive since new. Hope this has helped its longevity so far. I have a price quote from the dealer, but will have to wait 2 months for them or they have a more expensive model in stock. Will wait unless there is a better option available.

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
If the car wasn't in such great condition I would send it to a wrecker, but it is cheaper to fix than replace.

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
It has been pushing black smoke for several months. The engine light came on for the MAF sensor, had that cleaned and the smoke cleared up for a week but is back again. Lots of smoke when starting off from a stop or when the turbo kicks in. Timing was off a hair and the throttle valve was stuck. Got that fixed. The cat could be plugged up as it is original.

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
That sounds very close to what is happening. I will go back to the dealer and talk to their Master Mechanic

Danielbarbu

TDI
Jetta 2011 Comfortline
Hi, i have a 2011 jetta tdi and it has a knocking noise coming from the engine, at first i was thinking that my oil has something to do with the knocking noise so i changed the oil. The noise remained, so i took a sthetoscope and i started listening, the hpfp is ok thank god but when i checked the number 2 injector the noise is there, but now it also could be the lifter right, i don't know what to do next... To swap the injector 1 with 2 and see if the knocking still there ? Thanks. (I have vag com too)

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
This is so confusing as the dealer mechanics say the only reason for black smoke is fuel leakage. There is some minor soot around the turbo. This could mean a leak somewhere in the exhaust system. They had a name for it but I forget. If the injectors are leaking, they will leak passed the pistons and eventually score the cylinder wall. Or exhaust out the lifters to the turbo and out the tailpipe.

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
My injectors are original, a sealed unit with no option to replace O rings. Looks like they have an option to that now but costs a lot for the core charge.

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
Take your car away from the dealer. Look for an independent tdi mechanic in your area. The dealer most likely will start throwing parts at your car ( you will pay for them all)....

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
Replaced the EGR cooler at 260k. Car runs great, getting 19 plus k per litre on the highway. No unordinary noise or travel issues. Occasionally it will stutter when first starting up when cold. Thought that might be tranny issue.

outoften

TDI
2006 Jetta
After stripping all the exhaust parts off the car, it appears I have oil in the exhaust system. This could be from either of two issues, oil bypassing the rings or a worn seal in the turbo. Going to have the turbo bench tested to find out and rebuilt if needed