Fuel Injection Pump Mess

hpart03

TDI
m4k jetta 1.9t
Hello i got a 2003 jetta tdi alh motor and my friend messed with the top part of the fuel injection pump by advancing it, to move fuel into my motor, he move the top part of it with the 3 bolts and a special bolt. but it's throwing a code for running to rich and he changed it back to factory idk what to do with it and how do i fix it?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Look up hammer mod.
You can fix it easy the same way it was messed up.
Bump it till it idles rough. Then tap it forward a tiny bit. This should set you into the 2 to 4 range. Close enough.
If you do have vcds then you can make sure it's good.
If it was forced then it may have bent the plunger cam and that's bad news but it's difficult to do unless he hit it very very hard!.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
What do you mean by "rich"? What are you using to read codes? You need VCDS or other device that can read the IQ number mentioned above. An OBD II reader won't do it.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Yea.... rich is not a code that happens on a TDI

hpart03

TDI
m4k jetta 1.9t
Look up hammer mod.
You can fix it easy the same way it was messed up.
Bump it till it idles rough. Then tap it forward a tiny bit. This should set you into the 2 to 4 range. Close enough.
If you do have vcds then you can make sure it's good.
If it was forced then it may have bent the plunger cam and that's bad news but it's difficult to do unless he hit it very very hard!.
thank you that is what ive been looking for