fuel gauge sensitivity

solmog

TDI
MK4 Golf 130 PD TDI
having checked the wiring I'm hoping when my new speedo sensor arrives it will fix my dead speedo, but I've now got an issue with my fuel gauge.

It isn't erratic, as people have reported when the instruments have a bad earth, but have just gained much increased sensitivity all of a suden.

Reads what appears to be the correct level (around 2/3rds of a tank at present) but goes up and down a couple of notches going round bends and fuel warning light flashes if you take a tight corner fast.

It's never done this before. Even my old transporter T4 isn't this sensitive on the gauge.

It's like a damper has broke on the sender, or a baffle has dropped out of the tank?

New sender???

cidades

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4 >> AHF(81kW)
You just need to fix the speed sensor, the speed signal is used to damp the fuel level.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
You just need to fix the speed sensor, the speed signal is used to damp the fuel level.
Can you please elaborate on this. The needle on my fuel gauge drops one or two hash marks, but slowly comes back up. This happens several times per tank. Very little pressure on the accelerator peddle and then this. Two different fuel senders did not make a difference. Has always done this since I purchased the Golf from new.