FS on Ebay -- 1997 Passat TDI Sedan -- 67K miles

InfoSec

Veteran Member
Thought you all might be interested in this. It's NOT mine! I just found it on Ebay.

I've been looking for one of these but I desperately want a wagon... Maybe I'll have to settle for this....Nah! I'll wait for a wagon!

Later!
1997 Passat TDI Sedan-Ebay

chirorob

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon auto
Yea, I bid on it and have been waiting for it to get closer to close to rebid.

Just got notification all bids are cancelled it is "no longer available for sale"
Grrrrr!

Nobody actually sells on Ebay anymore! They always cancel the auction and sell it off Ebay!

TdiYardie

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 B4V ABS stock
Seems a bit strange that with such low mileage, the tires have already been changed to Coopers and at least one other? You'd think that the OEMs wouldv'e lasted at least 70k.

Perhaps they swap them out for snows come winter?

Who knows.

I spoke with this seller on and off last summer about a white B4 (which sold for $10.5k) and he told me that he typically gets 8-10k for the clean lower mileage B4s.

One can only guess that he got a local cash offer or some similar sort of transaction. These days 97 B4s esp Variants are commanding top dollar! I'll never sell mine though. I plan to drive it till one of us dies first.

latitude500

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1998 Green
Beautiful car to bad it’s sold. I found a 99 Jetta TDI down in south Texas on eBay. It was there for three days and then they took it off. I hate that. Not fair. Lol

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Seems a bit strange that with such low mileage, the tires have already been changed to Coopers and at least one other? You'd think that the OEMs wouldv'e lasted at least 70k.
My OEM Badyears on my 97 Passat didn't last much past 50-60k (can't remember exactly). So I'm not surprised that the originals are off. FWIW, I'll be ready for a fourth set of tires at around 170-175k this coming fall. And I'm no boy racer.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
she's listed as an "auto". This must be a very special car.
It would suggest the seller knows absolutely nothing about the vehicle.

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
DNL has been pushing TDIs on ebay for quite a while. They often sell before auction gets over. Must have made a mistake about tranny. In text it says "super smooth five speed". Not familiar with their operation. They are near Albany, NY, down east somewhere.