FS: Ohio, 1992 VW Corrado SLC TDI, FK Silverline coilover, fuel cell, Wilwood BBK $6k

bcbsox

Veteran Member
TDI
92 Corrado SLC ;)
For simplicity's sake I'd like to sell this. No part of me really wants to sell it, but the fact that it's 4,000 miles away and incomplete is frustrating in the least. I'm coming up on the two year mark of it being stored by a very gracious and awesome friend and it needs to be out of his way.This needs to go. It is painted now, however I wet sanded through the color on a couple body lines on the pass rear quarter. It needs work, I just don't have time to mess with it. It is either going to be sold, or sit in a storage facility for the next couple years while I'm stationed in Fairbanks planning on getting out of the army and staying in Alaska. I cannot justify dragging it all the way to Alaska this June when I get back from Afghanistan. It just isn't going to happen. Car runs and drives, but will need to be towed as the taillights are not wired from where the PO had aftermarket units installed and the harnesses were cut, just need to pull out the Bentley or look at another Corrado for a minute to fix this.

The good:
1996 Passat 1Z TDI swap with Rocketchip stage III
manual trans
appropriate Passat cluster

FK Silverline height adjustable coilovers with Koni adjustable shocks
Wilwood big brake kit up front with proper adapters (RPI Equipped, iirc)
Newish EBC red stuff pads in the rear
2.5 turbo back exhaust, no cat, has Borla muffler. Very quiet setup
drive it and beat on it get 42mpg avg
drive it and be nice to it get 50mpg+ avg
VR6 glass Ecodes
Complete, I say again, COMPLETE Euro belt setup, pillars, console, hardware
Fiber Images carbon fiber hood
Summit Racing 15 gallon fuel cell with foam baffle sunk in trunk floor in steel enclosure with Earl's braided lines (not completed, but majority of work is done.) It's kinda fun to not only pull up to a diesel pump, but then pop the trunk to fuel up. gets some looks for sure
MKIV 15" BBS something or others (from a Wolfsburg Jetta, iirc) with 75%ish Toyo Proxes 4 tires.
90% interior, needs a few small things
only has lap belts installed, I have two non matching 5pt harnesses that could go with it, I was going to get some Euro belts
I have many spare Corrado parts, EVERYTHING goes with the car unless you are not interested in the spares. Spare f/r interior cards, complete dashboard, various small interior parts and seals. Basically $$$ worth if you took the time to sell it all.
Rear side and hatch glass/seals are back in the car, started the door weatherstripping, too.

The bad:
Needs an intercooler, I was going to do an A/W to minimize piping in the bay, might be done by June if car isn't sold by then.
Driver's front caliper need a reseal kit, it has a slow leak from one of the pistons Repaired with Wilwood parts
Passenger's inner tie rod end has some play
Passenger rear motor mount needs replaced
Front bumper needs replaced, it wasn't in the best shape and then had an untimely meeting with the notmadeforloweredcaruhaul trailer when I was home on R&R.
Fuel cell setup install needs completed, might be done by June if car isn't sold by then.
AC condensor needs replaced, pinhole. Loses charge in less than 24 hours

I am in Afghanistan for a few more months, but my wife does have the car, the title and power of attorney.
I would absolutely keep this and drive it daily if I were not moving. (It was -51* yesterday up there, this has block heater, but I don't want to mess with a diesel up there) I'm living in Fairbanks, AK for the foreseeable future. I would be fine with this up here, my daily is a 2010 Golf TDI, but I can't transport it until at least the spring of 2015
Feel free to ask me any questions.
Keeping all the parts in mind, I'll start the bidding at $6k, but am VERY open to serious offers.

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
This is a a steal. Somebody please invest the sweat equity and finish this car like the seller wishes he could.

Last edited:

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
This is a a steal. Somebody please invest the sweat equity and finish this car like the sell wishes he could.
hey G60ing, could you help me out with this car if I buy it since you've been there?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
oops add the "er" to sell

and PM if you are interested in something like that 50harleyrider

bcbsox

Veteran Member
TDI
92 Corrado SLC ;)
I've heard from a few interested parties, but no money on the table yet. Make me an offer before this gets locked away in storage for a couple years. :thumbdown:

bcbsox

Veteran Member
TDI
92 Corrado SLC ;)
I guess I need to clarify the ad a little. The car is pretty much assembled. The doors are on, the hatch is on, all the glass is back in it, the hatch weather stripping is in, the door weatherstripping is in. It needs door handles, taillights, various trim re-installed and wiring hooked up. It currently has lap belts installed, I actually got pulled over in it about a year ago for no seatbelt and as soon as the cop walked up and saw my lap belt, he said 'nevermind. I thought you weren't wearing a safety belt. BTW, what kind of car is this? They made these in DIESEL?" lol.
The entire tdi swap came from one car, ECU, wiring, everything.
Any more questions, feel free to ask.

mxcobra

TDI
2001 Golf TDI (Ind Blue)
How many miles are on the corrado, and on the TDI motor ?

This is the exact car I wanted to build before I picked up my 2001 Golf and started upgrading it.

What would be exactly take to make this car road worthy, besides the tail lights.. Just thinking about a 1 way ticket from boston, and maybe driving the car back..

Also do you have more pics you could share ? Feel free to email them pcnetworkguys@gmail.com

Reesetricted

TDI
Jetta '00 420k Miles...and counting
Is the car complete? I mean, do you have all the parts that need to be re/installed on the car? I ask bc the last pic shows the passenger door panel missing. Made me think...

bcbsox

Veteran Member
TDI
92 Corrado SLC ;)
I'm back in Alaska, will be in Ohio in early June.

The car has 140k miles. Motor has just over 130k with a recent timing belt.

I have door panels, I also now have an Euro belt set. Until the interior is installed I cannot say the interior is 100% complete, but it is probably 98%. I don't even remember what might be missing/need replaced (if anything).

Reesetricted

TDI
Jetta '00 420k Miles...and counting
Also, what mxcobra said, other than taillights what is needed to make it road worthy? Im not familiar with the engine bay, so, is it a auto or manual. I assume that is the master cylinder reservoir for the clutch and brake against the firewall, but am just guessing. Stock clutch?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Its a manual car and it has ABS brakes.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Everytime I see this car forsale I think about buying and finishing it but I just don't have time anymore. All the hard work has been done, esspecially with the doors having stock door handles again. Here is the original forsale add for the car with more picks from the prior owner who commissioned the build: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=236602

xTheChadx

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Jetta
Ok So this is a car i have always wanted to build, so a couple questions, does it run? if so how well? what does it need to make it road legal ? I have no problems driving a "Project car"! I just need it "road legal" and can finish it as i go. Also is that primer you painted it or is that the acual color? Like i said im very intrested. Thanks

baja_brewer

Veteran Member
TDI
1980 Rabbit Pickup (1.6 IDI), 1990 Corrado TDI, 2010 Audi A5
Looks like its off the market man.

In all seriousness, if he puts this back up someone should snag it- I have way more $$ into mine so far and it's not even drive able yet....

bcbsox

Veteran Member
TDI
92 Corrado SLC ;)
I've replied to all PMs and wanted to mention that my friend that is storing the car has been starting it periodically and letting it run for a bit.

It's off the market unless someone wants to make it a painless, quick cash deal for me.

bcbsox

Veteran Member
TDI
92 Corrado SLC ;)
I made some updates to the first post (all in red). I'm offering this at $6k, or it will be worked on a bit when I'm home in April/May and then moved to a new storage facility for another year.