FS: My poor, abused 2005 Golf TDI, Denton, TX

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
That's a steal for someone who knows how to do the work.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing hard times without the cash to keep the car well maintained.

GL with everything.

Spence'

TDI
None (yet)
I hate reading horror stories like this.

Not horror as in the case of it having problems, but to owners that experience them.

I hope the best to you with the sale of this, and I hope that "whatever piece of crap" you get for making off this sale doesn't give you many problems.

If I was in the market for one right now, I would help you out. But unfortunately since I'm not, good luck with the sale.

chillbeast

TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Thanks guys for the support, buying a car brand new is probably the worst mistake you can make in your life lol. Especially when you can barely afford payments & gas to drive it. :\

Busy weekend for me, had several responses!

I'm going to clean the car tonight, best I can, and take some pics for everyone who msgd/emailed me. So you guys should be getting an email back tonight or tomorrow most likely. I just didn't have time to even touch my car this weekend.

EDIT:

Oh ya, the TITLE should be here today(went out overnight on saturday), and I was kind of waiting on that too. Unfortunately I am going out of town on Thursday night, so I might make something happen this week, but next week is more likely a target for anyone who wants to check it out. But I'll update accordingly.

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
.. buying a car brand new is probably the worst mistake you can make in your life lol.
Buying abused car, sight-unseen, over the internet ranks right up there.:D
None-the-less, I'm still interested and still looking forward to seeing images.

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
I gave $3k for the 98 Bug from this forum sight unseen. 26k miles later I'm not regretting it one bit. The last tank was 54mpg so... even if it blows up in the next 5k miles I've gotten my money out of it. I did drop $1k into a new suspension, a few hundred in misc parts and upgrades (seats, door panels) and I've had to replace part of the subframe ($300), but it's blowing the doors off my not-yet-paid-off 06 and I don't have camshaft issues to worry about.

Sad when it's cheaper to buy another TDI than to fix the newer one. The older one gets +7MPG too.

chillbeast

TDI
2005 Golf TDI

LOL! I feel ya bro...

I unfortunately didn't get to clean it out entirely last night, girlfriend agro got to me so I only got it done about halfway.

I'll go ahead and take some pics of it on my break though, so you guys can at least see that it really exists lol. It just still needs a good cleanin, inside and out.

Lug_Nut

TDI
There isn't a line. I have nothing on deposit (yet).
Buying a used car, sight-unseen, over the internet ranks right up there.:D
Until the car is on deposit, or purchased in full, it's anyone's to grab.
I'd rather see pictures first.... but still waiting.

Lug_Nut

TDI
You haven't. We are each waiting for pictures before we pull the trigger.
You jump right in and provide a deposit and make a contractual deal with the seller, and it's yours.
Sight-unseen, but it'll be yours.

Austin, eh? You have the advantage of being able to take a day's trip to see the car in person.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
You haven't. We are each waiting for pictures before we pull the trigger.
You jump right in and provide a deposit and make a contractual deal with the seller, and it's yours.
Sight-unseen, but it'll be yours.

Austin, eh? You have the advantage of being able to take a day's trip to see the car in person.
It's already listed as being sold so it doesn't matter at this point. That said and FWIW, an abused car is never selectively abused --- the damage is typically car-wide from neglected maintainence/service to abuse. Hardly sounded like a deal.

Lug_Nut

TDI
To me it did (past tense) sound like a deal.
Not a great deal, or I'd have sent a deposit first, forget about pictures, but it was an intriguing offer that could have turned out well for me.
Would I have been as patient had it been listed at $5k? No.I'd have passed and moved on. But for the proposed $3k....Yeah, I was still interested.
It's all a moot point now.....
Moving on.....

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
sorry guys, car is sold
Looked like a "classic TDI dump job" right from the get-go but at least the seller was honest about the neglect. Prolly needs a cam and lifters too due to oil change type/intervals
c--ya

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDI
For $3k I could have afforded a cam and followers.
It was because I wanted to ascertain the severity of the other problems on the laundry list that I didn't hop on a plane right away.
But, yeah, I was really checking flight prices and schedules into DFW and Love Field...