• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

FS: Heated cloth front seats, 2004 Golf GLS

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
Edit 3/14/06: *Pending Sale...*

Hi all.. wanted to give fellow TDIers a crack at these if anyone is interested before I even thought about posting to the other evil site *cringe*...

Just upgraded my interior to leather recaro's :)D), so my stock front seats are sitting in my living room and are up for grabs. Seats are in very good condition - no tears, only very minimal normal wear on driver's side. Passenger seat is in excellent condition. Car was new in 5/2004, and my butt has only ridden in them for about 28,000 miles.

Seats are GLS cloth, manual and heated (and in perfect working condition), headrests, airbags, and all connectors are all intact. See note below about the seatbelt receiver on the driver's side.

Would prefer not to ship since these are fairly bulky / heavy, so a relatively local buyer would be preferred (I'm in CT). Depending on how far you are away, i'd be willing to meet somewhere to swap if you're interested (within reason...)

I'm at work now and can't post up pics here, but I will get some posted up tonight once I get back home.

Asking $200 for the set.

Some additional notes:

I also replaced the rear skins in my Golf, and will throw those in as well if you would like the matching fabric, as I no longer have any use for them. Fabric is in very good condition, however I needed to use some of the inner metal bracing to mount up the new leather skins. I do have some pieces of it left over, you can have whatever's left. (I know the rear fabric probably isn't a deciding factor, but figured I would offer anyway since I have it sitting here.)

In the interest of full disclosure, you may need to transfer your existing driver's side seatbelt receiver to this seat. There are currently receivers on both seats which are exactly the same as NA models except for the european spec wiring on them - I had to swap the NA receivers back into my new seats (Seats I bought were euro OEM's and the receivers worked fine but wouldn't play nice with my dash indicator). Takes about 5 minutes with an 8mm star bolt or a 17mm wrench.

Feel free to PM with any questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
finally have some pics up

Hi, all... sorry for the delay in getting these posted.. Pics of the seats are now in my photo album - 6 pics of the driver's seat and 6 pics of the passenger seat.. all labeled 'stock front seat - driver's/pass #xx/6'

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=36902

That should bring you to my album page. If it doesn't work, let me know and I can always email them as long as I'm at home.

I did the best I could with the lighting in my apartment - sorry it's not perfect. A couple of the pics have some shadows in them, but I tried to get the close-up straight on for each seat so you can see they are in great condition.

I'd prefer to sell them as a pair, however if anyone just needs the passenger side only, I do have someone that is interested in the driver's seat by itself if no one is interested in the set.

Drop me a PM if interested or if you have any questions. These are a good deal, especially considering both airbags and the heat elements are in perfect shape... Please help me get these things out of my living room - (I'm getting sick of hearing my roommate b!tch. he can't help it, he's not a vw guy. he just doesn't understand :D )

thanks!
-mike :cool:

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
bump...

*praying I don't have to go to the tex*

by the way.. a couple of folks PM'ed me that the inserts to the seats are grey - they're black just like the rest of the seat.. i took the overhead pics without disabling the flash on the camera so they look a little lighter than they actually are. they're the standard black GLS seats.

BudsBug

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle (Buglet)
Do these have the older or the newer airbag system your close to the change. What would shipping to 08610 cost

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
BudsBug said:
Do these have the older or the newer airbag system your close to the change. What would shipping to 08610 cost
Should be the newer system, build date of the car was 2/2004 if it helps... Feel free to drop me a PM about shipping or any other questions for that matter - you're in mid-NJ, maybe we could work something out.. would prefer not to ship if at all possible (basically it would take longer to pack them up and ship them than it would for us to hop in our cars.. :) )

motodaddy

TDI
2000 jetta TDI
would you sell just the skins Due to shipping?? Would there be any issues with the heat & airbag connectors on a 2000 jetta??