FS: Golf TDI GLS 5spd White in NC

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
2001 Golf TDI GLS manual 5spd with sunroof and 16" alloys. I have owned this since new in 2001. Has the sunroof, heated mirrors, electric windows and locks. I got some used 16" alloys off of a jetta GLX and had tossed out the 15" wheels long ago.

Pics here: http://www.sokratys.com/gallery/index.php/tdiclub

Asking $5700
Located in Wake Forest, NC

only issues:

- wheels have a small amount of curb rash from previous owner (I got them at a great price - so I didn't care).
- small dent in front left fender, got dinged in a parking lot. Paint is intact, there are just several small dents. Only you will notice.
- normal crappy rubberized trim peeling a bit (I don't care)
- some fabric coming loose on arm rest area and above sun visors (common problem)
- there will be a constant CEL because of the diselgeek racepipe. I can remove the pipe, put the EGR valve back in, and clear the light if you wish

Things I fixed:

- relay 109 with new unit
- First generation EGR bypass - dieselgeek race pipe in the "rare and beautiful emerald green". Have the original EGR if you want me to reinstall it for you.
- replaced water pump at 150K with brass impeller unit (just because)
- 100K timing belt kit installed at 150K - won't need to do this again for 70K (I do this myself, and have done several others for other members in the past)
- fixed sunroof drain with nylon tubing
- replaced FUBA antenna since they weather (have a spare you get to have)
- I replaced the hazard flasher (just in case)
- upgraded window regulator kits in front (metal ones)
- replaced shift boot with leather unit
- installed later cup holder in the emergency brake area (2004 and up), I have both the in dash and the later model versions in front, and replaced the rear one with the later cup holder design
- battery in the last 2 years
- tires are michelin MX4, with about 10K on them (very new)
- replaced brake pads and rotors at 150K (they weren't bad, but I like fresh brakes)
- replaced brake fluid at that time
- replaced all vacuum hoses with new OEM lines (they were getting weathered)
- fixed broken armrest compartment release button
- replaced rear gas pistons on the hatch, it stays open now!

maintenance:

- followed the suggested maintenance.
- I do my own timing belts, so that's always done right
- synthetic oil used (if you care about that)
- use dieselkleen or stanadyne (depends on which I have on hand). You can have the extra.
- have some spare air and oil filters, wiper blades too.
- replaced manual transmission fluid with Redline synthetic (nicer in cold weather)
- always washed and waxed with Zaino (paint looks real sharp)

Not Stock:

- GTI tail lights
- clear side turn markers
- monster mats
- euro side mirrors (built in convex portion on the outside edge)

Everything works. I'm picky about that. It's a great car, I just have too many vehicles and it's time to reduce the clutter. It's a 180,000 car, so there is expected cosmetic stuff.

I love the fuel economy and the ride, but I need my truck a little more, and I'm tired of owning too much stuff.

I'll remove the ADV sticker, and the two NRA stickers from the rear window for you - just haven't gotten around to it yet.

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
Sold the car today (thanks josh!)

thanks for all the PMs - if I don't get back to you personally, sorry - lots of stuff going on (have a broken leg and that makes everything slower somehow).

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Thanks!!

I arrived to my parents house in jax at 9:00AM.
Slept between 3:00AM and 6:00AM

Drove it 720 miles so far, which equaled 53.33 MPG!
:) thanks for the help, picking me up and whatnot. So far I am very pleased!!!

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
np. glad you got back safe - long drive.

combined, with those wheels, you should hit 44 if you gas on it, or 46 if you drive easy. (the 15" stock ones were even better). On long trips, without much stopping, it will be over 50 if you can keep the speed reasonable and keep the windows up.

That car is mostly highway anyway (7 turns from here to work, most of it a long stretch of 55mph state hwy)

My to work and back route is pretty easy on cars, motorcycles.