FS: Amazing 2000 Golf GLS TDI

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
I'd really like to get this car to a good home this Saturday. Considerng serious offers.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I pitched it hard to my brother in law (and offered to go check it out) but he was afraid of the miles...

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
danix said:
I pitched it hard to my brother in law (and offered to go check it out) but he was afraid of the miles...

Thanks. I understand. Felt the same way at first.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Thanksgiving weekend price drop to $4000! This is a great deal. Please help me get this moved out of the driveway before our new baby arrives. $4000 FIRM

NOLA_TDI

Veteran Member
Sounds like its becoming a great deal! How soon is soon that you need it to sell? My father maybe interested...

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
I'd like to sell it before our baby arrives. I was planning to list it on eBay this past weekend and might fo that early this week if I don't get any takers from here.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Several people have inquired about shipping, and here is the name and email contact of the company I've used before and had great success with in regard to pricing and service. Reggie Willis Transportation reggie.willis@yahoo.com

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I can't remember if I asked before-is turbo original,and has transmission ever had any work or been replaced?

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
If anyone long distance is considering this car but worried, I know a great local mechanic (and Audi/VW expert) in Amenia NY who might be able to do a presales inspection for you.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Danix,

thanks for that offer. Anyone is welcome to drive it, inspect it, vag it, whatever!

Would you mind pm'ing me who that mechanic is? Would be great for me to know.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hey czar, I couldn't help notice that your 09 T-Reg gets about 23 mpg. I just acquired an 03 CR DCTD 2500 Quad cab 2WD and the onboard computer displays >23 mpg with mixed highway/city and I have to be heavier and the engine is much bigger being a 5.9 as compared to a 3.0. Could it be the newness, DPF regen., or would it be the AWD factor? Just curious. Later!

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Harvieux said:
Hey czar, I couldn't help notice that your 09 T-Reg gets about 23 mpg. I just acquired an 03 CR DCTD 2500 Quad cab 2WD and the onboard computer displays >23 mpg with mixed highway/city and I have to be heavier and the engine is much bigger being a 5.9 as compared to a 3.0. Could it be the newness, DPF regen., or would it be the AWD factor? Just curious. Later!
Harv,

I'm a little dissapointed with the mileage on my Touareg so far but am waiting patiently for things to break in over the next few months. The MFI is showing average since new of 27, so it's no different than my previous Jetta in regard to being off (my 05.5 was actually spot-on). I was expecting 28 or so, and I wonder if other people give results from their MFI.

I'm sure the full-time 4wd does not help nor the nearly 6000 lbs when loaded. With that in mind though, it's still pretty impressive and certainly higher then the gas Touareg or Cayenne. A few others, like Schubie, seem to be getting similar mileage to me. Hopefully we'll see an increase by summer.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
AlanH70 said:
is it sold? i see it is listed on ebay still....you taking offers?
Yes, it's still available. I have it listed at $4400 or best offer on eBay. I'm looking to get $4000 for it.

Thanks for looking

AlanH70

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Did it sell on Ebay

czar said:
Yes, it's still available. I have it listed at $4400 or best offer on eBay. I'm looking to get $4000 for it.

Thanks for looking
I put a bid on ebay for it but it came back not accepted...i wonder if the person who won it actually follwed through and purchased it.

Last edited:

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
AlanH70 said:
I put a bid on ebay for it but it came back not accepted...i wonder if the person who won it actually follwed through and purchased it.
It sold yesterday for $3800. The purchaser has contacted me to make arrangements but it has not been picked up yet.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Czar: I hope the sale goes through, because you've been trying to sell for so long.

I looked back through this thread... You started out asking $7200, dropped to $6000, dropped to $4800, dropped to $4000, and finally found a buyer at $3800.

I have been telling people that seasonally this is a good time to buy a TDI., and your experience confirms this. Seasonally, this is the time of year when gasoline is cheapest compared to diesel. Fuel prices are still reasonable, so there's no rush to get into a more efficient car. Some people worry about cold starting, so there's at least a little trepidation about buying a car today that might not start tomorrow. And of course people are focusing on the holidays -- they are buying new shiny things, not previously-owned things no matter how practical they might be.

Typically, the period from late fall to mid-winter is a weak period for TDI demand and prices. When gasoline prices rise in the spring, so does interest in TDI ownership.

For most people the recession is still a fact of life. So for seasonal and secular reasons it sucks to be selling a TDI now but it's the best time to shop for a used TDI.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Yes, me too on the sale. The car is actually in incredible shape for the mileage, and I've never seen such detailed and well-kept records, so it was certainly worth every penny and more. With the downturn in the economy, we're just not seeing the same prices. Two years ago, I bought an '05.5 from a dealer and sold it for the same amount a year later with 20k more miles. No way that would happen today. I do wish someone on here had picked it up though, as in my opinion, it was a great deal.

TornadoRed said:
Czar: I hope the sale goes through, because you've been trying to sell for so long.

I looked back through this thread... You started out asking $7200, dropped to $6000, dropped to $4800, dropped to $4000, and finally found a buyer at $3800.

I have been telling people that seasonally this is a good time to buy a TDI., and your experience confirms this. Seasonally, this is the time of year when gasoline is cheapest compared to diesel. Fuel prices are still reasonable, so there's no rush to get into a more efficient car. Some people worry about cold starting, so there's at least a little trepidation about buying a car today that might not start tomorrow. And of course people are focusing on the holidays -- they are buying new shiny things, not previously-owned things no matter how practical they might be.

Typically, the period from late fall to mid-winter is a weak period for TDI demand and prices. When gasoline prices rise in the spring, so does interest in TDI ownership.

For most people the recession is still a fact of life. So for seasonal and secular reasons it sucks to be selling a TDI now but it's the best time to shop for a used TDI.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Car is back up for sale. The eny buyer never came to see it or get it. It went for $3800, and that is te absolute lowest I will go. I just put a new battery in for the buyer, so it's ready to go. Tires in great shape - almost brand new. Car is currently in Amenia, NY.

reynolcj

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Golf 4-door, 2005 Passat Wagon
bump for a great deal...good grief man, wish i had seen this 3 weeks ago, but thats the way it always goes. Good luck!