FS: 99.5 Golf Tdi [Heated Leather/Sunroof/Navigation/Buetooth/Upgrades] 138k miles

Tintman718

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf (5-spd), '10 Golf (6-spd), '12 Touareg
SOLD
Hello, I am posting my 99.5 Golf GLS Tdi for sale. Garage kept. I have put quite bit of work and money into the car. I am reluctant to sell it. The only reason I'm selling is due to my wifes constant nagging about noise and smoke. It has been super reliable and I have confidence driving anywhere with it.

It's originally an automatic so it has an 11mm pump. The 5spd transmission is rebuilt along with a new reverse gear that doesn't grind. The only issue (for some people) is the smoke during cold startup in cold weather and also one of the fenders is dented along with a scuffed front bumper. Aside from that, EVERYTHING WORKS on the car. If you're looking for something quiet, go buy a prius. This thing sounds like a truck. I just took a trip to Boston and pulled 49MPG for the entire trip. You can drive this car cross-country without any hesitation.

Here is my religious list of maintenance items I have tackled over the past 3 years:

There may be a few items that I have missed. In addition to that list:
-20k on heavy duty gates timing belt along with all supporting hardware (kit from bora parts)
-Heated leather seats from an '05 golf
-All the door card inserts have been wrapped in a suede-like fabric
-All the interior "cheap peeling" panels have been refinished with a special coating
-Pioneer navigation system with integrated bluetooth
-The paint is about a year and a half old
-R32 center console with cupholder
-R32 wheels in black
-Euro R32 rear taillights
-GLI 312mm front brake calipers and rotors with stainless lines [less than 5k]
-Full stainless 2.5" catless downpipe and autotech catback with dual tips and matching valence [less than 5k]
-Rebuilt 02J tranmission with new LUK DMF clutch kit, reinforced and welded pin in diff, new reverse gear, triple flushed after rebuild and now filled with Redline MT-90 [less than 5k]
-Custom class 3 hidden hitch (completely hidden when not in use)
-Raceland Ultimo Coilovers [less than 20k]
-Thule roof racks
-Battery is less than a year old
-New leather shift boot
-Frost Heater
-Remanufactured Bosch Starter [less than 5k]
-1.8T Pancake Pipe

Interior (the marks on the glovebox and navi screen are just my wife's makeup):

Engine bay (bone dry with no leaks, also this is the only place that the previous color shows. all jambs match the exterior color very well):

Last edited:

BigBadThor

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Tornado Red Jetta Wagon GLS (sold); 2014 GSW Wolfsburg Edition CPO TDI
Sweet ride!

If you don't mind me asking, I'd like to know more about the interior "cheap peeling" panels that have been refinished with a special coating....can you point me toward the process used?

Tintman718

Veteran Member
TDI
Sweet ride!

If you don't mind me asking, I'd like to know more about the interior "cheap peeling" panels that have been refinished with a special coating....can you point me toward the process used?
Duplicolor vinyl coating and a lot of elbow grease to remove the peeling stuff with scotch pad. It takes a long time for it to cure to it's full hardness so be patient.
trade for cash and a wagon?
Sorry. I'm in the market for an MK6 Golf Tdi 4dr.

Here are some of the new parts that are on the car:

Last edited:

BigBadThor

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Tornado Red Jetta Wagon GLS (sold); 2014 GSW Wolfsburg Edition CPO TDI
Thanks for the info. Bumpity-bump. GLWS.

Tintman718

Veteran Member
TDI
How bad is the dent and scuff? I couldn't see it in the pictures.
I'll post more pictures as soon as this snow clears. My golfs are stuck in my garage at the moment. I posted interior and engine shots.

diesel300dmanual

TDI
Jetta, 1999, Silver
Talk to me about engine noise while driving down the road. I have a 99 F350 7.3 diesel. Louder road noise that this truck?

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
That's got to be one of the cleanest ALH engine bay's I've seen! GLWS, that car really has some "eyes".

DieselMarauder

TDI
1997 B4V
I'm dying to get back into a TDI... So tempting!

Do you have a clip/video of the noise? I don't know if I can convince my wife to get into another loud car. My wide open exhaust Toyota MR2 will shake the fillings out of your teeth with its exhaust alone. :D

Also, are you including the roof rack?

Tintman718

Veteran Member
TDI
That's got to be one of the cleanest ALH engine bay's I've seen! GLWS, that car really has some "eyes".
Thanks! My friends think I'm OCD. Maybe I am.
I think you should keep the car and sell the wife. ;)
I tried.
I'm dying to get back into a TDI... So tempting!
Do you have a clip/video of the noise? I don't know if I can convince my wife to get into another loud car. My wide open exhaust Toyota MR2 will shake the fillings out of your teeth with its exhaust alone. :D
Also, are you including the roof rack?
Its the engine along with 11mm pump which are loud. The turboback is actually very mellow, adding just a throaty note.
Here are two videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMnmCcqL7c&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS37YcXwJ6U&feature=youtu.be

I'll be back home tomorrow. I'll be taking detailed photos Monday morning, as requested. Yes, I'm trying to sell EVERYTHING with the car, including the roofracks.

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I think my Golf is louder than that -- it sounds okay to me.

DieselMarauder

TDI
1997 B4V
Its the engine along with 11mm pump which are loud. The turboback is actually very mellow, adding just a throaty note.
That's not bad at all. I actually love the "tugboat" sound. I'd love to come take a look / ride to check it out. I'm travelling for work until the 30th. If you're around, we could meet up after I get back to see if my wife can stand the noise. When we meet, you'll see what I mean when I say too noisy. I'm actually trying to quiet my MR2 down now because it gets unbearable.