FS: 96 Passat Wagon Tornado red

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
I had the pleasure of doing the timing belt, water pump, and accessory belts on this 96 Passat Wagon. I also had the pump resealed and calibrated from DFIS. After completing the maintenance, I took the car for a nice long test ride. The car drives well. It is worth looking at for any hard core B4 Passat Wagon owners.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3105738309.html

Feel free to call or ask me any questions about the car (mechanically)

All Windows work, interior is nice, the car is as clean inside as outside.

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
I am trying to contact the owner, as far as I know, it is still available. He had a mission trip scheduled about a week and half after he listed it and may not have been able to answer his call this week.

Ed

deecee

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat Tornado Red, 99.5 Golf ALH, 2002 Jetta ALH
I bought it. I picked it up today and drove it from Athens Ga to Wilmington NC and it didnt miss a beat.Everything seems fine and I am looking forward to getting to know this car
I am really pleased with it.

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
You got yourself a nice ride. The sale was in progress when I posted yesterday. Welcome deecee to the club.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I bought it. I picked it up today and drove it from Athens Ga to Wilmington NC and it didnt miss a beat.Everything seems fine and I am looking forward to getting to know this car
I am really pleased with it.
I know this is probably none of my business but did you pay the asking price??
Just curious....

deecee

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat Tornado Red, 99.5 Golf ALH, 2002 Jetta ALH
No I didnt pay the asking price,however I did pay more than I would have liked.I am from the Uk and these cars are MUCH cheaper there so the prices here in the states do make me cringe.Saying that though I dont think you will find one in as nice a condition as this in the UK or here for the same money.
I think the price of Diesel VWs in general is pretty high but its all relevent and supply and demand does really play a part,it definately did for me.I have been looking for weeks and weeks and really needed a car that wasnt a huge distance away from me to collect and with a family I really wanted a wagon.I have looked at a few jetta sedans that were a little bit less money than what I paid but a lot more beat up and I also saw a ton of old jettas and rabbits going for crazy money too.

Some people will think 7-8k for a 96 car is crazy but I couldnt find as good a car that wasnt thousands of miles away for less money and I didnt have time to wait for one to come along and then lose the race to snap it up, so to me this is a great car and I paid the going rate for a rare car in great condition.Im happy.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I sold a real nice 96 Passat TDI Sedan last month for less than half the asking price
but like they say there is a butt for every seat and if somebody pays it

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
No I didn't pay the asking price,however I did pay more than I would have liked.I am from the Uk and these cars are MUCH cheaper there so the prices here in the states do make me cringe.....
Yes, but EVERYTHING else here is a LOT cheaper...:)

....Some people will think 7-8k for a 96 car is crazy but.....
If fuel hadn't dropped as it has, there's a good chance you would not have scored this ride as there would have been a mile line ahead of you! Timing is everything..you did well! Congrats on your rare (and great!) colored wagon purchase! Please post up some pics :cool: