FS: 2012 VW Tiguan TDI/DSG - Greenville, SC SOLD

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Up for sale is my 2012 Tiguan TDI

Started as a 2012 CCTA 4motion with 6 speed auto with 121k miles

Sept-2019 Installed a CJAA and DSG (MSV) FWD 6 speed, 99k miles on engine

Has a stage 2 engine tune from TD tuning and Malone DSG tune

PD150 turbo, Dark Side downpipe, CP3 fuel pump, 2 Micron fuel filter

Timing belt, Serpentine belt and water pump replaced during conversion

18” Atlas rims with Sumitomo HTR tires

Has TDI cluster, heated/power leather seats, panoramic sunroof, 2” receiver hitch

Kenwood head unit, JL Audio/Infinity speakers, Maestro interface to maintain steering wheel controls

Body in good shape. Typical Tiguan nicks in hood

Car runs great. Fun to drive. Have put 25k trouble free miles.

MPG in town is high 20’s/low 30’s. Hwy MPG depends on speed. Typical is mid 30’s.

Still have prop shaft (not installed) and Haldex is still in car and coded in. Planned on obtaining 7 speed DSG from Europe but have not done so.

Clean SC title in my name

Located in Greenville, SC

SOLD

Last edited:

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
I bought a TDI Tiguan from vwztips several years ago. It's my daily driver and the conversion was top notch. You won't go wrong with this.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Updated price with and without aftermarket sound system.
Wanted to offer here first before posting on FB..... :cautious:

@dylan_baker23 yes the 4mo, manual TDI is a lot of fun but so is the DSG. It's incredible how fast the DSG shifts are. It's actually quicker than the manual version.
@bobbiemartin thanks. That was a fun car too.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The Tiggy isn't my thing, but I think it would have had a much wider appeal had they offered it here with a diesel. They really are not a bad package other than the godawful CCTA gasser all ours were cursed with. Seems there would be an almost endless supply of good body and interior parts for these due to the chronic short engine life. Along with VR6 T'regs.... just sent another one of those to the scrapper.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
Agree. The B5/B5.5 has been my thing since 1999. But really appreciate the ease of getting in and out of the Tig much better now as I get older. They are surprisingly roomy (easily bigger than a Q5) and versatile. I have rebuilt several CCTAs and yes the original issues once addressed make it a better engine (sounds like a BHW, haha). But a Tig with the TDI so far has been a very robust and dependable set up.

I have looked hard at Touareg TDIs and wife has a X5 35d. While both those platforms have a lot more torque, the weight and poorer MPG takes the fun to drive factor way down .

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
It really is a nice package. Probably the closest thing VW offers to a MK4 wagon, but with a little more refinement. I have hauled all kinds of stuff in mine. But you are right, I wouldn't consider a gas one.

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
That 7 speed was also used in Passat, Q3, but is still looks hard to find/expensive (DQ500).
Is this the same: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274137889773 ? But almost 4 grand, shipped yikes!

Might contact seller teilehandel14 directly, I imagine you've tried Frans already.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
vwztips, just curious have tried a TDI conversion on a more cargo-spacious 2018 or 2019 Tiguan models? Is it even possible?

Good luck on the sale.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
Anything is possible but the MK3 doesn't really appeal to me. I want something that sits higher than than a VW sedan but is as nimble, fun to drive AND gets good MPG

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
vwztips, just curious have tried a TDI conversion on a more cargo-spacious 2018 or 2019 Tiguan models? Is it even possible?.
If you search ebay UK you will see plenty of newer TDI Tigs. So yes, it's possible. However, if you are looking for something larger I would suggest a TDI Touareg. You can probably find a nice TDI Touareg cheaper than you could convert a newer Tiguan. As vwztips points out, they are not as nimble and fun to drive as a earlier Tiguan. Although the Touaregs are pretty quick even in stock form, more room and have great towing capacity, etc. But you give up about 10 MPG and the nimbleness. Having both I can say both good for what they are, but they are very different cars. The TDI in a earlier Tiguan is a great combo.

oilhammer

TDI
Don't we only get the longer wheelbase second gen Tiggy here? Seems like they all look like the long one to me, but I know there are two wheelbases.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Don't we only get the longer wheelbase second gen Tiggy here? Seems like they all look like the long one to me, but I know there are two wheelbases.
yep the new ones have 3rd row seat hence longer wheelbase.

oilhammer

TDI
Right but there are some that do not get that, but not sure if that is because it is the shorter wheelbase or some other reason. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why anyone would want a third row of seats in something like that. They are already difficult to use in a big SUV. What Americans' hang up about minivans is I will never understand. Roomier, more comfortable, sliding doors that kids can actually open in a parking lot and not smack into the car next to you, and are often using similar or identical powertrains to similar cross-dressers.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Sounds like time for someone to convert a min van oilhammer!
Seriously bump up this thread. VWZTIPS is great to deal with.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks vwztips and bobbiemartin for your replies. I was trying to see if there is any VW TDI conversion option out there to give a somewhat similar cargo (close to 38 cubic feet) and MPG to a B5.5 Passat wagon but less than 10 years old :)

oilhammer

TDI
Just got back from a long weekend trip in my 17 year old B5 wagon, and it performed flawlessly. Not sure I'd want anything newer.

Last edited:

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks OH. Yes I might keep mine a few more years at which point a newer Jetta or Golf wagon or who knows ... :)

oilhammer

TDI
Sadly, station wagons are vanishing from our choices. I am putting a new engine in a 2014 Audi A4 Allroad this week (which is essentially a "brute" version of an A4 Avant) simply because the owner likes the car and doesn't see any good replacements available. And aside from the awful EA888 engine lump, the car has been flawless for its 160k miles of use. Shame those engines are a ticking time bomb and can chuck the chain off without warning and mangle the valves the way they do. :( But, I guess that is why the author of this thread got his Tiggy to swap a TDI into (same engine). Which is why I take such good care of my 4Mo B5 wagon, because it is the closest thing to this Allroad only it has a good engine under the hood, with its cams driven by a proper belt. 1/4 million miles and still kicking.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
My B5 wagon has 320k and is still on original tranny. Main battle is creeping rust. Wish I could buy a newer one just like it when the time comes. I think I can nurse this one along for a few more years. My current fleet is 05 Passat, 08 R350, 2010 Forester, 2020 Ridgeline. I still enjoy driving the BHW. I hope we don't get forced out of ICE.

oilhammer

TDI
Nobody reading this now will live long enough to be "forced" out of their car, although if you are unfortunate enough to live in California and you somehow decide to actually stay there, you just might.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
yep that saying, I am glad I moved the heck out of Commieifornia. (born and raised)

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI