Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
3VWST71K26M632283
194000 Miles
41 MPG
Manual transmission

Up for sale is my well maintained VW Jetta TDI. With full service records on request. Everything on the car works. Over my past 100k miles I've rebuilt the suspension, replaced engine mounts, replaced the battery twice, and fixed any electrical issues that cropped up. Including replacing the EGR cooler that can often leak on these cars and the front door wiring harnesses that fail. Some of the maintenance was handled by me, and the more complex jobs were handled by Diesel Land in Golden. A shop that specializes in these cars. The car has an upgraded stereo that includes Bluetooth, unlike the old stock unit. The car is shod with General Tire Altimax RT43s with plenty of tread left. This car is built to soak up the miles. I've averaged 41 MPG for the time I've owned the car. Even the headlights are nice and clear, after being replaced for yellowing. It has the following options.

Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
Sunroof
Weathertech Mats
Full size spare
Two keys

The bad: Hail damage. I was caught in a nasty hail storm that damaged the car extensively. Both the windshield and back glass had to be replaced. Every panel on the car has hail damage. There is also a fair amount of rock chip damage. This car has been behind a few too many snow plows and saw a lot of winter driving.

Unsurprisingly, I'm not the kind of person to leave a car stock. When I replaced suspension bushings and shocks(166k), I stayed with stock bushings. I went with the better Bilstein shocks, but they are stock rates. So it rides smoothly like a stock car, and rides at the stock ride height. It's a cruiser, not a race car.

At 133k the EGR cooler failed. I also found that the mounting surface for the EGR cooler on the turbo had warped. The new cooler would never seal properly unless the turbo was also replaced. And why would you put a stock turbo in, when you could upgrade? So at that time I added KermaTDI's 150 HP kit. It's is a slightly larger turbo from a European spec TDI that bolts right in place. Along with a single mass flywheel from a different VW, and a clutch that can handle more power. A mild tune allows for high boost and extra power. It gives this car a lot more pep. The car will still pass emissions with the tune in place. The tuning box that can return the car to stock if desired is included.

Finally, to protect my investment. As well as for peace of mind while heading up dirt roads to trail heads. I added an aluminum skid plate from Dieselgeek. Great for keeping road debris or big rocks on the trail from taking out your oil pan.

Diesel Land

Full image gallery -