FS: 2005 BEW- New York area

azerite

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Wagon, 2005 jetta
Car is a 2005 volkswagen Jetta 5 speed manual with 174k miles. It is grey metallic.

It has--RC3, Vnt17/22, 3bar map, PD130 injectors, Eurojet intercooler, 2.5inch buzzken exhaust (has a high flow cat and oxygen sensor, but all of it is tuned out), Wavetrac LSD, e-code headlights, 3 spoke vw sport steering wheel, a year and a half old GLI recaros (were new) (car is wired for heated seats but recaros don't have them), KONI FSD's, rear sway bar, VR6 springs (removed front swaybar), evolution skit plate, PD 150 airbox, PD 150 MAF (replaced this week old one was on its way out) , PD 150 turbo intake pipe, PD 150 intake manifold, New south egt and boost gauge, Southbend stage 2 clutch, heavy flywheel, vr6 calipers and steering knuckles (at the time they were put in at 135k wheel bearings were also changed, as well as the right inner CV joint, and both external CV joints, they weren't bad but the boots were older and i didn't want to deal with a tear down later), entire trim is aluminum from a GLI except shift knob, including sport pedals. kenwood unit has Ipod interface and external aux. Car also has ASR (slip regulation taken from a same year GLI) Speakers are all new (3 weeks old) kenwood also.

Items replaced include Alternator (25k ago), Starter (45k ago), Tandem pump (injection) 500 miles ago, and Frost Heater. Car comes with a set of winter tires and rims. There are more items but these are the most important.

The following was done at 125k by herm on the forums when i bought the car. Timing belt, cam shaft (not needed but figured i'd get it done) LCA bushings, rear axle bushings. KONI FSD's (two of them have failed under warranty, the entire new set was put on 30k ago), South bend stage 2 clutch, outer tire rod ends and some other miscellaneous that i'm forgetting.

Car also has new rear brakes and rotors and 40% left on front. Tires have approximately 20% tread left on the summer and winter sets. If the owner alternates you'll likely need new tires in 2 years.

Car was never used at a track, never in an accident, and never had any serious issues (timing belt fail, etc. etc.) I am the second owner, the first being a girl from up Maine who used it for school and then a family car. It runs extremely well. It has some dings and scratches, but no rust on the body. There is a small surface rust spot on the hood (chipped paint). The overall paint is in very good condition. It has no check engine lights.

Asking $5000 firm. Please no low balls, if you think the car is worth less, by all means leave a post with an example that is similar for less so i can see.

Pictures over the weekend.

Last edited:

azerite

Veteran Member
TDI
Are the pictures clear? Seemed fine on computer but hazy on phone. Just an FYI the hood doesn't have marks on it, it's the suns glare in the pictures.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Any chance you'd take a trip into CT on 95 or rt15 so I could take a look at this?

azerite

Veteran Member
TDI
sorry my phones been hiding messages from the forums for some reason. Yeah, where? your name sounds soo familiar, did you have a jetta for sale a few eyars ago with an LSD?

send me a PM.

azerite

Veteran Member
TDI
There is no rust on the runners on the bottom, wheel well, or exhaust (because it's new) or the suspension area. It depends on where from NY, up near canada they salt the roads more often which eats into the metal, but honestly the primary reason (i think) is because people usually don't wash or take care of their cars.