FS: 2005.5 Jetta TDI DSG - 251k - VA

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
good looking car. You are gonna have only one problem selling your car.... the same problem I have....you drive it! Mine has 229000 on it and I'm trying to trade it on several Mark V's I've liked, but I even had one VW dealership tell me that they wouldn't even take it in as trade in! Good luck with the sale and the wheels look great!

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Yoda, You mention a MAFS DTC. I noticed that there is no camshaft replacement specified in your service/repair history. Not in any way meant as a bash to your sales quest but, a look at the cam may be in order and may explain the MAFS DTC due to restricted valve opening issue which in turn triggers an air flow differential being detected via MAFS signal provided to ECU.

If it's any constellation, your asking price is still excellent due to what seems like a good and competent service history. Later!

the yoda

TDI
Mk5 TDI
well looks like Harvieux was right!! It drove and ran perfect until tonight. Experiencing what seems to be the cam issue. I'll update but if anyone wants to buy it with this issue I'll drop the price drastically

Shastapk

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
So worst case scenario rotarykid, what would a new cam, etc. cost? I'm out of this one cuz it's too far away and not a 5 spd. But I am searching for this same car. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I bet there is not a cheaper MK5 (not wrecked or motor trashed) out there.

the yoda

TDI
Mk5 TDI
I have decided to put the necessary maintenance into the car. I updated the post. If anyone wants it, it will be ready to go!

the yoda

TDI
Mk5 TDI
I will update when the car is done. I ordered the Bora Parts Deluxe Kit. And NGP Racing in Maryland is going to install the parts. Good people and they know what they are doing.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
I will update when the car is done. I ordered the Bora Parts Deluxe Kit. And NGP Racing in Maryland is going to install the parts. Good people and they know what they are doing.
Geesh! After all that, don't you think it may be a good idea to consider keeping the fricken thing afterall?;) Later!

the yoda

TDI
Mk5 TDI
Definitely a possibility of keeping it. The real reason I was selling it was for a 5 speed. I'll update the post when it's complete

the yoda

TDI
Mk5 TDI
Well the car is fixed and is running great! I put a price up there and am going to see if there is any interest still other wise I will just keep it if I can't get what I really want out of it.

Chris

the yoda

TDI
Mk5 TDI
Just changed the oil bump...the price is neg. and I might accept a trade for a 5 speed. MK4 and MK5 only though.