FS: 2004 Golf GLS TDI w/mods, 184k miles

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Ok we moved across country and are in the process of buying a house. I will have a 6 minute drive to work and that can't be good for the car long term. And again, with the kiddo and dogs, the Golf has gotten a little small for our life.

All the details are in the build thread but very quick run-down:

Car now has 187,XXX miles on it.
Titled and registered in Maine.
VWMikel Stage 3 tune
PD150 injectors
PD150 Intake manifold
PD150 Turbo Inlet pipe
R32 Airbox w/Euro DSG snorkle
VNT-17/22 turbo
Audi TT short shifter
Audi TT lower control arms (with adjustable camber)
Matt Whitbread custom FMIC
3 bar MAP sensor
Frank06 Stage 2 cam w/ black lifters and oil-mod bearings
SBC Stage 3 clutch
BFI Stage 1 motors/tranny mounts
OZ Alleggerita HLT 17" wheels (16.1 lbs/piece)
KW V2 coilovers (height adjustable and dampening adjustable)

Last dyno 182 whp/335 ft-lbs.

$8,500 OBRO!

What it needs currently:
Parking brake cable adjustment
Valve cover gasket leaks slightly

As it currently sits:

Brand new all-season Touring Toyo Tires (195/65/15) on the 15" OEM wheels.
Blower motor resistor pack installed.
Needs a timing belt at 190k miles.

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Can't believe you are selling it!!!

I also feel your situation... kid, 2 large dogs.... jetta sedan wasn't cutting it anymore... so I'm swapping my cracked out ALH into a MK4 wagon with a huge roof cargo carrier... this way I can have my fast car, and transport my child, 2 dogs, wife, and luggage while getting 40+mpg.... I MUST have it all..LoL

Good luck with the sale...nice car

blueatlantic

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon(gone) 06 Jetta (gone) 09 JSW(gone) 03 Jetta (died) 03 Jetta Wagon 2012 JSW
I like the black headliner with the gray trim. Also, like the pic with the cat truck. Do you work near a quarry? Is that in Maine?

DasTeknoViking

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 TDi, A4 R32
I do like those! But that is a lot of miles and my wife doesn't like wagons :rolleyes:
Actually properly maintained 2.7T is not all that unreliable. Even with all em miles it does not burn a drop of oil and internals are like new. They are gas hogs though!

Wagons are super cool, tons of room and when I dust a kid in a Gti in it... Really cool :-D

Decided to pull my allroad off the market.

Sent from USS Enterprise

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Actually properly maintained 2.7T is not all that unreliable. Even with all em miles it does not burn a drop of oil and internals are like new. They are gas hogs though!

Wagons are super cool, tons of room and when I dust a kid in a Gti in it... Really cool :-D

Decided to pull my allroad off the market.

Sent from USS Enterprise
Well I hope you enjoy it! It's def a cool ride for sure. I haven't heard a lot of success stories about those motors, so if its good for you, keep it!!

Lokgolo

TDI
'02 Jetta TDI, '12 Golf TDI
Not sure if it'd be up your alley since it's a TDI, but I have an 02 Jetta with 254k I'm looking to possibly trade for a TDI golf. I'm having a new timing belt installed and the turbo rebuilt this coming tuesday, as well as some other things to get it up to shape.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Not sure if it'd be up your alley since it's a TDI, but I have an 02 Jetta with 254k I'm looking to possibly trade for a TDI golf. I'm having a new timing belt installed and the turbo rebuilt this coming tuesday, as well as some other things to get it up to shape.
Not sure how a Jetta is going to be any larger than a Golf, so no thanks :)

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
98 porcelain Blue Jetta TDI,,usually seen lurking within a 15 mile radius east of the City.
Arrrr! Wish this was posted in three months or so when I'll have the money! Nice ride

bump!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2