FS: 2004 GLS TDI Golf very low miles

TheDome

TDI
2004 Black Golf GLS TDI
Price reduced!
Link to pictures added below!

The time has come to reluctantly sell our Golf. It is black with grey fabric interior and is a 5 speed manual. It currently has 98,206 miles on it. The only reason we're selling is because the wife got a new car and we don't need 3 cars for 2 drivers. We debated keeping it for 2½ years until our son can drive it, but don't want to carry unnecessary insurance for that long. We are in Bethesda, MD, just outside of DC.

It is in great shape for its age. It had the whole timing belt kit & fuel pump replaced at 71,000 miles at Wheaton Volkswagen Repair in Wheaton, MD. The tires are Goodyear Assurance Tripletred and only have a few thousand miles on them. We bought an add-on warranty that covers debris punctures at no cost, but not sure if it's transferable. It has a 20GB PhatNoise music system that we still have the cradle for so you can put your own tunes on it. There's also a set of VW roof rack bars and a 1¼" trailer hitch that we used for a bike rack. The Monster Mats have been in it since day 1 and we still have the carpet mats which are basically brand new. The moon roof rain drains did plug and water got into the roof, so the headliner is a little saggy. I cleared the drains with weed-whacker line and made sure they drain now. It does have a crack in the chin bumper and the driver sideview mirror housing as well as the various door dings you get from living in the NYC and DC metro areas. The latch for the glove box is broken, but can still be jimmied open. I just replaced the armrest cover and driver side interior door handle. The handle wasn't broken, just ugly.

The only thing I need to do to sell it is get the Maryland safety inspection.

Price reduced to $5,000 OBO. Bring the offers, friends!

Last edited:

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
This would have been a perfect car for me, but i just bought my replacement.

*bump* for a really sweet Mk4

Good luck with sale!

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Nice ride. Just to clarify, are you sure this is a "GLS"? No leather, no steering wheel controls, etc. Maybe I'm uneducated on this, but it looks like a base GL.

Maybe should polish up the headlights if youre going to ask $6k for a 15 year old car, haha. :p

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Wow good?

Wow good. Yes. I'm partial to a black vehicle. I see no stone chips on the leading edge of the hood, I'm sure there must be some small ones. The interior seems fairly clean and less than 100k. No rust. Headlights are replaceable, a chipped up hood like mine is less so. Good luck.

TheDome

TDI
2004 Black Golf GLS TDI
Just to clarify, are you sure this is a "GLS"? No leather, no steering wheel controls, etc. Maybe I'm uneducated on this, but it looks like a base GL.
I'm quite sure it's A GLS. Here's a link to the specs for '04 GLS TDI.
https://www.autoblog.com/buy/2004-Volkswagen-Golf-GLS_TDI__4dr_Hatchback/pricing/

If I recall correctly, you had to go up to the GTI to get leather interior in '04. Not sure what controls would have been on the steering wheel in '04, but I'll even throw in the vintage 1999 Sony cassette aux adapter at no extra charge. {Psst, $6k OBO.}

TheDome

TDI
2004 Black Golf GLS TDI
Thanks, Tdijarhead! I insisted on getting the black. Lived in Seattle at the time and drove like an hour and a half to get this because it was literally the only black one in the entire state of Washington. ��

BSKI

TDI
2002 Jetta AKA "Bad Bora" 2004 Jetta 1981 Caddy 1997 Passat
The heated seats / sunroof and upgraded material on the seats would make this a GLS. The pictures are testimony to the TLC this one owner unmolested car has received over the years. If I were in the market I would definitely be interested. GLWS!

90HorseBeetle

TDI
2002 Golf GL 5sp 2 door "Unicorn" 1999 Beetle TDi RIP 2013 Passat TDi SEL SOLD 2009 Jetta TDi M6 SOLD 2000 Beetle TDi SOLD
I'm local and in the market I will PM you thx

FordTech2004

TDI
2002 Golf
I can't believe you still have this. If you still have this car in a month or two when I have some money saved up I will buy it. I recently took a job in Fredrick MD and commute from Delaware so I probably drive right by you everyday.

TheDome

TDI
2004 Black Golf GLS TDI
It's still available! Has generated a lot of interest, but nobody pulled the trigger yet.

This would be perfect for that commute, FordTech2004! Frederick's about 40 minutes north of us. Totally doable.

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
Remember the days when this would be sold within a few hours? Man if you were closer... :)

mattbuy

TDI
2004 Golf tdi 5 speed
Great seller,thanks Ron. Drove the car from dc to Dallas. Super fun car to drive. Nice condition -like new. Be posting soon about Malone tune difficulties with phat noise installed

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Congrats on the buy. I love these Golfs. I call it my mini, mini van sometimes, because of all the stuff I carry.