FS: 2003 Jetta wagon 5MT

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Too bad you are so far away, this would be an excellent work car for me. Maine is a ways off from Seattle through! Hard to find these out here for anywhere near your price.
from what I'm hearing someone needs to arrange a car transporter to move all these cheap ALH TDi wagons from the east coast to the west :p

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
Damn if I wasn't stationed in Germany atm I would have bought this as a 2nd car already. Amazing. Can you hold it for me!? =)

TDI-ed

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf and Audi A4 AWD TDI
Insaneboy: Maybe if you agreed to meet someone at a major airport (Portland Airport/PWM), that would entice members from out of state to buy your wagon. The fly and drive is easy and this wagon seems well worth it. 1-way flights from Seattle, for example, can be had for $150 (jetblue) to PWM.

Last edited:

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Insaneboy: Maybe if you agreed to meet someone at a major airport (Portland Airport/PWM), that would entice members from out of state to buy your wagon. The fly and drive is easy and this wagon seems well worth it. 1-way flights from Seattle, for example, can be had for $150 (jetblue) to PWM.
I figured that was a given with any out of state sale. Portland Jetport(PWM) is a short hop from home. Prior to my move I lived 45min away from PWM but still met the person that bought my Passat this summer. He flew up from NJ and drove it home, even brought him to the DMV so he could get a temp plate... Just need to have insurance for the car and you can get a transit tag from the DMV to drive it home(IIRC its $15)

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
A method that I have used with success on potential no-shows is that I don't give them the address until they call when they are leaving. I'll tell them the town, but a simple "call me when you're about to leave and I'll give you the street address." It saves me a lot of time wasted on no-shows.

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf 2dr. RCII, sprint 520s, shine susp
^ Thats a good idea.

Just drive it for the winter. It will sell at tax return time.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'd love to have it for my daughter but she's in her junior year of college and not sure where she's going to land after that. She's looking at big cities, which aren't the best for the diesel. Plus parking would probably be more than the car is worth. Good luck on the sale

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
^ Thats a good idea.
Just drive it for the winter. It will sell at tax return time.
Prefer to have it out of my driveway before then. Already have its replacement, so I haven't driven it since I moved.

kjclow said:
I'd love to have it for my daughter but she's in her junior year of college and not sure where she's going to land after that. She's looking at big cities, which aren't the best for the diesel. Plus parking would probably be more than the car is worth. Good luck on the sale
city driving is partially the reason I'm selling mine, just not good for it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Ain't that the truth. I was trying pretty hard to think of reasons to buy this. Problem is IBW is running better than ever.

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
All is good thus far, but I'm not going to count my chickens until the money is in the bank and the wagon leaves my driveway with a happy new owner. :)

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
T-minus one day! just took my plates off, checked the tire pressure put all the maintenance records in the car along with the wheels and other extra bits. started 'er up, ready to go.

I'll wait until day of to put the snow tires in the car, don't want funky tire smell in there at the start of a road trip :p

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
dangit. i finally convinced my wife it would be okay, and i made a bet with her, that if it were still for sale, i could buy it. she agreed and i slacked off and waited a couple of days.

i swear.