FS: 2002 VW Jetta - Parts Car / Needs Head Gasket - Georgia

Mark Star

TDI
2002 VW Jetta
I toasted my head gasket driving from Wyoming to Georgia In Early August. This was my fault as I didn't have an EGT gauge and had the car filled to the roof with gear on the roof creating a large amount of drag. I was literally thinking, "Wow, this car can still pull up a hill like nobody's business" when the coolant level alarm went off. I was able to drive it from Kansas to Georgia without losing more than a quart or two of coolant and then I hit the smoky mountains where I had to add coolant on the steep uphills. I am heartbroken to get rid of this car as I am the second owner having purchased it in 2006 with 30k miles on it. However, I was delighted to be gifted a new vehicle as an early graduation present so I need to get rid of her before January when I return to Wyoming for one last semester. The vehicle currently has over 700,000 miles on it and is still rocking the original turbo. Below is listed the upgrades/work which I can remember.

Brand New Panzer Plate
Brand New FrostCooler
Curt Trailer Hitch (without electrical wiring)

EGR Bypass
Headlamps upgraded to include fog lamps and interior switch
Converted from an Automatic at 100k miles (still has 11mm fuel pump: o-rings replaced to prevent ULSD leaks)
Larger sprocket and matching chain guides for Oil Pump at 360k
Bosio Sprint 520 Injector Nozzles upgraded (and pop tested)
Stage 2 Southbend Clutch (changed at 640k miles). The previous one ran for over 500k miles until the pressure plate broke
Malone Tuning (I have the tuning box at my storage unit in Wyoming and will gladly send it to the purchaser once I return there in January)
Timing belt changed at 640k miles

The odometer is stuck at ~600k miles but the internal computer still tracks mileage (this is normal), so I will include the VCDS Cable as well.

Best Offer or its meeting the car crusher :(

I may be persuaded into delivering the vehicle if the price is fair and it is not too far (I am in N. GA near the border of TN and NC)

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
WOW! I will share this with a vw guru. he is in Jacksonville, FL. He is hardcore ALH guru. you got pics?

Mark Star

TDI
2002 VW Jetta
I have had a couple of inquires for parts from this car. However, I am a full-time student and just don't have the time to part the car out, and additionally, I have to have this gone before I return to Wyoming in January (parents aren't too keen on the idea of me parting this car out in their driveway and then it remaining there for who knows how long.) So, unfortunately, I will not be selling parts individually.

Here is a gallery of photos I took. If you need others let me know.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I have had a couple of inquires for parts from this car. However, I am a full-time student and just don't have the time to part the car out, and additionally, I have to have this gone before I return to Wyoming in January (parents aren't too keen on the idea of me parting this car out in their driveway and then it remaining there for who knows how long.) So, unfortunately, I will not be selling parts individually.

Here is a gallery of photos I took. If you need others let me know.

Wow! Not bad for a 700k+ mile car!