FS: 2002 TDI Golf 0M1 - Piedmont NC USA

Bengoshi2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf (0M1)
With my oldest kids having bought their own cars, I'm now top-heavy in the automotive department. Need to sell one. My 2002 Golf TDI is pretty well sorted out mechanically. 165,000 miles.

THE GOOD:

Replaced in the last 2500 miles:
All vac lines, vac tube from pump to brake booster, vacuum pump (pierburg), brake booster, coolant manifold, coolant lines to reservoir, coolant reservoir. New battery and new valeo starter. Also replaced the driver's door lock module (was throwing a vcds code).

Replaced in the last 10,000 miles:
EGR valve (pierburg). PCV puck and hose.

Replaced in the last 20,000 miles:
Tires, brakes and the rear passenger caliper (it was sticking).

Replaced in the last 25,000 miles:
Timing Belt, Water Pump (kerma high mileage kit). I have some pics from the job (DIY) and the cam lobes look good.

Replaced in the last 40,000 miles:
Struts/shocks on all corners (Billstein TC sports), Moog VR6 springs on front, Moog wagon springs on rear. It sits with a slightly forward rake. But you can put your fat-ass, couch potato friends in the rear without dragging the tailpipe. Also replaced the oil pan and gasket.

Replaced in the last 50,000 miles:
Had to pull the a/c compressor and replace the failing valve on the inside. New seals were installed. A/C is plenty cold. Last I checked it was getting 39*F at the vents with 89*F ambient. IP head seals were also replaced and several of the fuel lines (all with Viton).

Frost heater has been installed.

It has all tools including a ready-to-go full size spare.

It gets about 500-530 miles per tank with the 70/30 mix of city/highway driving.

THE BAD

Needs new rear bushings in the front LCA's. Front tires are getting worn on the inside. So it at least needs the bushings and a new set of tires on the front very soon (within 2,500 miles IMO). But that hasn't stopped me from driving it on a couple 100 mile round trips.

It's the 0M1 transmission. On the rare occasion, I can see the tach pulsing that is mentioned in CoolAirVW's posts. I've yet to catch it on vcds. The transmission shoots no vcds errors. On rare occasions the1-2 shift bogs, also rarely I get a flare on the 2-3 shift. Totally random and I can't reproduce it deliberately. No issues shifting into reverse. Transmission fluid and filter were replaced at about the 110,000 mile mark (so it's due to be done again). I had planned on putting one of CoolAirVW's (kansascitytdi) rebuilt valve bodies on it at the same time.

Paint is good... 7/10 overall except for the rear bumper where the clear coat is peeling off. Body is 7/10... dent on hood and on driver's front fender. Both slight... someone skilled at PDR could get these smoothed out fairly easy.

Wheel emblems look a bit ****ty.

THE UGLY

It's the interior. I give it a 6 out of 10. Most of that due to the sagging headliner (pinned up with one of those snap-head kits), sagging door card upholstery... etc. I pulled the driver's kick panel to strip the goo off. Haven't gotten it done. Armrest cover is broken. None of the seat upholstery is torn or ragge. Someone with the time/inclination could get the interior back up to snuff in a couple weekends.

I do have a full set of door cards that the inserts could be popped out of, stripped and re-covered. Less down time that way.

$3,500 - or best offer. If you think that’s too much, come see the car, ask for vids… etc. The number of Franklins in your hand will pave the way to a very reasonable price.

Flickr Photo Album

Last edited: