FS: 2002 TDI 236k

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
FS: 2002 TDI 265k

Well, my wife and I both have jobs in town now, so that will save a ton of fuel; but now there is no point in the diesel for us, so time to sell the TDI.

2002 Silver Jetta TDI, 265k highway kms, winter tires installed, plus set of all seasons off rims.
.205 Kermas, 1500W zero-start heater, auto (rebuilt 40k ago) with tranny cooler installed, pw, ps, pb, abs, pdl, p/heated mirrors, am/fm/cassette/cd + 6cd changer, Alteeza tail lights with 5 brake light mod done, steel mesh grille insert, nice aftermarket lower grille inserts, antennae switched out about 50k ago, new windshield, anti-theft w/remote, trailer hitch (havent pulled anything since rebuilding tranny), ventshades over windows and in front of sunroof, oil & filters always changed at 12k & KCTDI oil strainer mod installed for last 100k.
I put on new brake pads front and rear and new front rotors all within the last 20k, and just changed out all 4 glow plugs, plus have 4 more new in boxes and still another 4 or 5 new oil filters that will go with it.

The bad: time for t/b to be done, and have CEL "glow plug 4 intermittent" code, and one spot at front passenger wheel well where paint is lifting off.

People here who know me know I have taken good care of it.

I'm selling it for $7000 here or $7500 locally.

Car is located in Woodstock, between London and Kitchener where the 401 and 403 meet.

Please email me at giles.lafreniere"AT"gmail.com if interested as I rarely am here anymore and can pick up my emails from the road.

Last edited:

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
Sorry, it was in my profile, Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
I have edited listing, thanks.
At the moment I have no pictures on my work computer, there were some here but appears the link to them died, will have to find them when I get home.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I sent you an e-mail about the car, my Brother is looking for one and he does not know how to drive stick ...

MrVermin

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
mrvermin said:
I sent you an e-mail about the car, my Brother is looking for one and he does not know how to drive stick ...

MrVermin
What's your excuse for your auto? :eek: :D

Kayakkermit, sorry i couldn't resist. Post some pics. Good luck on the sale!

Pete

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
petea4 said:
What's your excuse for your auto? :eek: :D

Kayakkermit, sorry i couldn't resist. Post some pics. Good luck on the sale!

Pete
Ummmmmmm:eek:

My, at the time so called soon to be "better half" was part of the decision making process to get the car and she did not want a 5speed. I bit the bullet and bought what I have now (Grrrrrr :().

Well, one year later and we are no longer together (C'e la vi) and I am about to swap out the AT for a 5speed :D

I am talking to my Bro about this car so, we'll see what goes.

MrVermin

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
Update, CEL is fixed.
After spending 40 minutes in the summer trying to clean up and di-electric grease the bus-bar to no avail, VW was able to clean it up in 10 minutes:confused:
Some days you're the hammer, some days you're nailed.
Looks like I came out on top for a change with this one.

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
New price, and as low as I'm going, $6500.
If it doesn't sell, we'll sell the van instead.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Giles...how soon do you want to sell it? My inlaws were looking for a TDI, but they are out of the country until Christmas. They were looking for something newer, but for the price, I think they might be interested.

BTW, the fender paint lifting can usually be fixed at the dealer...part of warranty thing (had mine done).