FS 2002 Jetta TDI (Indiana)

powerfool

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
This one is going for cheap. I bought it six years ago with 180k miles on it and the previous owner was rough on it. The body has rust and paint is showing its age... the interior has the crayon smell and all of the normal broken pieces.

It now has ~230k miles on it. Wipers aren't going down, clutch will need work, exhaust has a rusted out hole in it. I think some of the injectors will need replaced soon.

The good. The suspension has been been entirely redone (see my signature) including shocks/struts, coil springs, and bushings (upgraded Audi TT style), still has good life on the Goodyear tires I put on it, I have replaced most of the sensors and use di-electric grease on them. New alternator and starter. Replaced turbo actuator and vacuum tube hoses.

The car runs. But it needs work if you want to use it as a daily driver... maybe another $1k in work if you're doing things yourself. But then, the body and interior are still junk.

It would be great to swap into a German-assembled gasoline model that won't have the crayon and rust issues of the Mexcian-assembled models (or maybe a new Mk4 Classico from Mexico).

Asking $1k for it, would like to move it out soon... I don't have room and I haven't been driving it much in the past 2 years because I work from home (hence why certain things have gone unfixed).

Last edited: