FS: 2002 Jetta TDI (better sell as driver or part out?)

WAKeele

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
So I have a 2002 Jetta TDI 5-speed manual with almost 319,000 miles that is still an everyday driver, but I've put in so many new parts in the last few years I'm debating whether it's worth more sold for parting out or as a driver.

I bought it in CT with 224,638 miles on it in November of 2010.

Most stuff done in the last ~50,000, so know that when it says "new". (Sorry, my life is a disaster right now and I can't find all my records. Some may were stolen when the car was broken into in WY a couple years ago.)

Remanufactured VW transmission (~33,000 miles)
New turbo
New EGR
Cleaned intake manifold
New vacuum lines and solenoids
New clutch
Remanufactured VW fuel pump (maybe only 15,000 or so)
New main fan
New starter
New braided turbo oil line
New Frost Hearer
New alternator
New A/C compressor
New engine mounts (stiffer "racing" type)
New injectors
New glow plugs and harness
Software upgrade
Panzer skidplate
New armrest
One new glovebox hinge
New headlight lenses (with fog lights–not wired up, with new light switch)
New front fenders
Maybe new hood—at least new paint
New camshaft and head resurfaced
New headliner
New R rear parking brake cable
New springs (Wagon springs in rear)
New shocks
New suspension bushings
Ventectomy

There's likely more, but this is all I could think of when looking it over.

Probably should have a timing belt job done before too long. I haven't been able to locate my records for that, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have more than 75,000 miles on it since then.

I'm thinking with all the relatively new stuff, this car, at least as parts, is well worth more than $5,000 (just the fuel pump, transmission and turbo cost me that). Aesthetically though, she isn't as pretty as some would like. I live in Montana and haven't cared--I just like I can go three to four times as long without a fill up as my Jeep.

What do you folks think? I'll try to answer an specific questions as best as I can. I can take more photos or even get video for you. Thanks!!

http://s187.photobucket.com/user/WAKeele/slideshow/02 Jetta Related

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
You'll get $2k to just sell it. Parting depends on how deep and extensive you go but think what your time is worth.

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
The answer is real simple.. Yank the engine out and put it in your jeep, sell all the other parts to fund project

sent from my mobile look at device